News: Inglis considers AFL as Souths deal drags on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>GREG INGLIS is set to meet with AFL clubs St Kilda and Essendon as his frustration grows over the ongoing scrutiny of his deal with South Sydney by the NRL.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5300-inglis-considers-afl-as-souths-deal-drags-on.html">Read the full article</a>

Inglis told NRL chief executive David Gallop at a private meeting on Wednesday that one of the key reasons he wanted to join the Rabbitohs was because of the club's strong relationship with the indigenous community, and it is not hard to imagine AFL officials promoting the virtues of their own Aboriginal programs to him.

didnt tell him about the brown paper bag and another boat I guess ?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Inglis told NRL chief executive David Gallop at a private meeting on Wednesday that one of the key reasons he wanted to join the Rabbitohs was because of the club's strong relationship with the indigenous community, and it is not hard to imagine AFL officials promoting the virtues of their own Aboriginal programs to him.

didnt tell him about the brown paper bag and another boat I guess ?
Inglis will go wherever he gets the most cash. End of story.

There are plenty more youngsters just waiting for the chance to step up.  
The game is bigger than any player, certainly more so than Mr Inglis.

He can just f*ck off, and make sure he closes the door on the way out.

His contract, or lack of, shenanigans with different teams are just becoming a joke.

I made a prediction to a friend a while back that in a few years most of the salary cap rorting Melbourne team would not be in the NRL at all, and it looks like it is fast heading that way.

he will go to Parramatta now

Inglis move to Souths on ropes

GREG Inglis' move to South Sydney was thrown into further doubt today after the NRL insisted all third-party payments made to the player will need to be included in the club's salary cap.

Souths will now need to prove to the NRL how it intends to fit the payments under its $4.1 million cap before Inglis' contract can be registered.

The NRL said the third-party agreements involving Inglis do not comply with the salary cap rules as they are not independent of the club

The statement said the third-party agreements involving Inglis were drafted by South Sydney and were in some cases revised with the sponsor by the club with no involvement from Inglis' manager.

The NRL also says the terms of one agreement "were concluded and confirmed between the manager and the club before the player's manager had any communication with the actual sponsor".

South Sydney released a short statement saying it was disappointed and disagree with the NRL's decision.

"The Rabbitohs will assess their salary cap position as determined by the NRL's salary cap auditor today and make a decision on a path forward over the next seven days," the statement said.

"The Rabbitohs will do everything they can to keep Greg Inglis in rugby league."

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
he will go to Parramatta now

Inglis move to Souths on ropes

GREG Inglis' move to South Sydney was thrown into further doubt today after the NRL insisted all third-party payments made to the player will need to be included in the club's salary cap.

Souths will now need to prove to the NRL how it intends to fit the payments under its $4.1 million cap before Inglis' contract can be registered.

The NRL said the third-party agreements involving Inglis do not comply with the salary cap rules as they are not independent of the club

The statement said the third-party agreements involving Inglis were drafted by South Sydney and were in some cases revised with the sponsor by the club with no involvement from Inglis' manager.

The NRL also says the terms of one agreement \"were concluded and confirmed between the manager and the club before the player's manager had any communication with the actual sponsor\".

South Sydney released a short statement saying it was disappointed and disagree with the NRL's decision.

\"The Rabbitohs will assess their salary cap position as determined by the NRL's salary cap auditor today and make a decision on a path forward over the next seven days,\" the statement said.

\"The Rabbitohs will do everything they can to keep Greg Inglis in rugby league.\"

Though there is no evidence to say that he's considering Parra, it might make sense. PArra does have the space now in their salary cap for it. Still doubtful that it would pull thorugh, send him to AFL I say, or to the Melbourne Rebels.

We should get him for a couple of weeks, just long enough to get bulk publicity and tie up the major sponsor. Inglis for 2 weeks (until the NRL scuttles the deal) combined with our early free-to-air blitz should do the trick.

Its now past midnight so I guess this thread is now yesterdays news.  It wasn't worth anything when it was todays news and is even less valuable today.

Nothing has changed, he is still a tool with no morals.  I doubt the ARU would really want him and I think the AFL has copped enough flak already over the Hunt and Folau debacles.

Would be so good to see him end up somewhere on half what he was hoping to get.  Better still would be to see him leave our shores and never be heard of again, a bit like that other bloke from the Dogs, what was his name, Wilson? Willing?.................Hang on, it was Williams!!  How easy it is to forget these tools. Haha.

not quite over yet Kid ;)

NRL says no to Inglis, so sudden player sale looms
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-says-no-to-inglis-so-sudden-player-sale-looms-20101218-1918z.html

SOUTH SYDNEY face the prospect of shedding players to accommodate Greg Inglis after the NRL blocked his proposed move to Redfern.

In a scathing assessment of the Rabbitohs' handling of the transfer saga, the NRL has insisted the full value of a number of Inglis's third-party agreements be covered by the salary cap. The Sun-Herald understands four contracts were scrutinised by cap auditor Ian Schubert:

❏ A $100,000 deal revolving around Aboriginal welfare with the NSW Health Department;

Advertisement: Story continues below
❏ A $50,000 deal with ANZ Stadium;

❏ A $25,000 deal with WA Spit Roast;

❏ A $25,000 deal with an inner-city car dealership.

All of them raised red flags at league headquarters.

Despite being warned not to make announcements until the NRL scrutinised the contracts, Souths co-owner Russell Crowe boasted about the $1.8 million deal to an audience of millions on US television's Tonight Show with Jay Leno last month.

Schubert found deals submitted as ''arm's length'' third-party agreements were in fact drafted by the club and, in some cases, revised with the sponsor without the involvement of Inglis's manager, Allan Gainey. The contracts were also in place before a playing contract was signed.

Souths issued a brief statement yesterday expressing their disappointment with the decision and their desire to keep Inglis in league.

Their best chance of pushing the deal through is to offload at least one of their star players, something Souths CEO Shane Richardson initially vowed not to do. It is understood some of the club's biggest names are on heavily back-ended deals next year, with Roy Asotasi on $450,000, Michael Crocker $300,000 and John Sutton $400,000. Beau Champion was recently shopped to Parramatta but they baulked at his asking price. The Eels are more interested in another Souths centre, Taioalo ''Junior'' Vaivai. Utility Jamie Simpson and fullback Rhys Wesser (about $160,000) could be other options to be released.

Given that Inglis only became a free agent as a result of the Storm salary cap debacle, the NRL has taken its time considering the issue. Yet Souths pressed the league for a speedy determination - although some legal documents were only made available on Friday afternoon - prompting yesterday's announcement.

''Given the circumstances under which Greg became available to South Sydney, nobody can have been under any doubt about the importance of ensuring his contract complied with the cap,'' said NRL chief executive David Gallop.

''The NRL had already required the Broncos to include third-party agreements within their calculation of the contract value and was insisting legal fees also be included when those negotiations ceased. South Sydney had been advised to have all proposed offers reviewed by the NRL before making any commitments.

"They chose not to do so, and it has taken some time to access all details of the agreements.

"It is unfortunate for Greg that he is in the middle of a difficult situation, and I assured him this week that these issues do not reflect on him but that they are matters for clubs in assessing the offers that they make.

''He is one of the game's most highly valued players, and we have assured him of that in no uncertain terms. That said, the cap has to apply fairly to all clubs, and one club cannot be allowed to do what others were prevented from doing. The rules on third-party deals are clear.

"We have worked with clubs and players by substantially increasing the amount that sponsors can pay players through the $300,000 marquee player allowance in 2011 but without rules on third-party agreements there would be no point in having a salary cap system."

The Sun-Herald revealed earlier this month that Souths might attempt to resolve the impasse by legally challenging the existence of the salary cap, with their chairman, Nick Pappas, likely to lead the charge.

The only NRL club with enough money left under the cap for Inglis is Parramatta, although it is unclear if coach Stephen Kearney, who worked with Inglis at the Storm, is interested.

Inglis, who reneged on an agreement with Brisbane, is still no closer to finding a home for next season.

The NRL's decision also clouds the future of New Zealand hooker Issac Luke, who was poised to extend his contract until the end of 2015.

I hate to be on south's side here but this reeks of double standards

The Thoroughbreds were going to line his pockets
Why cant the rabi's infused bunnies help the rabbitohs?

He isnt a game winner

I like the quote in the article:

"The Rabbitohs will do everything they can to keep Greg Inglis in rugby league."

Trying to act like all the dodgy **** they're trying is for the good of the game not for south sydney. He's the type of bloke league is better off without.

The one thing all this greedy **** and " i gotta do whats best for me" crap has proven to me is that he knew exactly what was going on at melbourne with all the extra dollars and he couldn't care less about it how it effected the other players and fans etc as he's clearly demonstrated all that matters is No 1 and the size of his pay cheque.

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186150.msg309871#msg309871 date=1292703931]

❏ A $25,000 deal with WA Spit Roast;

Bellamy-----Inglis-----Lang
[/quote]

Rofl!!!

Clearly the rabbits will not be able to get rid of the required players, since they are all on back ended contracts and would have to either be payed in full at a new club or have the balance paid at Souths. The only option is ESL, and one would think that even there at this point it would be hard to find that number of interested clubs.

Souths complained of having too many injuries (Read: Lacking Depth) after last year, and now they suggest selling their depth for one player. Good luck, I hope the sign him and he breaks his leg in the first round.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6