News: Hoppa pleads "Not Guilty"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
<p>Former NRL player and boxer John Hopoate has clashed with reporters at a Sydney court where he appeared on a charge of common assault.</p>
<p style="font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold;">

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5315-hoppa-pleads-qnot-guiltyq.html">Read the full article</a>

Re: News: Hoppa pleads \

As much as I wanna believe this guy is not a COMPLETE ****wit-I cannot. The club should distance itself from this fool once and for all. I really hoped he could sort his **** out as he got older, but it is always the same.
One of our 90's heroes who has dragged us through the mud time and time again-Time to let go people!

Re: News: Hoppa pleads

Its pretty hard for the club to distance itself, when William Hopoate is and will continue to be a big part of our future.

Perhaps we could get him to change his last name!

Since when is our club responsible for the conduct of former players after they have ceased playing for us.

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
Its pretty hard for the club to distance itself, when William Hopoate is and will continue to be a big part of our future.

Perhaps we could get him to change his last name!

The sins of the father should never be taken out on the son

It's NOT responsible

Jatz Crackers link said:
Since when is our club responsible for the conduct of former players after they have ceased playing for us.

Yeah he's not the brightest but he was working as a bouncer.

If some pissed farqwits come up & start getting stuck in, they should know what's coming to them.
Any halfway experienced drinker knows you have to tread lightly around the bounce staff or suffer the consequences.
I'd rather have bouncers sorting the agro pr1cks out at the door than letting them in where I'm drinking.

Duff link said:

If some pissed farqwits come up & start getting stuck in, they should know what's coming to them.
Any halfway experienced drinker knows you have to tread lightly around the bounce staff or suffer the consequences.
I'd rather have bouncers sorting the agro pr1cks out at the door than letting them in where I'm drinking.

Its not always so black & white, ie its not always the patrons fault if an incident escalates.  However, one thing is almost always prevelant and thats at least 1 drink too many, although its usually a lot more.

Duff link said:

X2 DUFF!

Funny how quick some are to judge him and yet those same were up in arms when Brett was being judged. Remember, innocent until proven guilty.

I don't know for sure, but I am unaware of Hoppa Senior being convicted of anything and the finger in the rectum matter was encouraged by his then coach....Terry Lamb I think.

Sure, he was suspended from footy a few too many times, but is that any reason for the club to abandon one of it's own.

I guess over the years the mud thrown his way must have stuck  a bit.

Duff link said:

Couldn't agree more.

There are plenty of cases where the bouncer goes looking for a fight but in this case the CCTV footage that was released would suggest that the would-be patrons were asking for trouble.

There may be more things come out in the future, but from what I've seen at this stage it appears that Hoppa was just doing his job.

Pretty stupid idea for him to be a bouncer, but Hoppa was never known for his brainpower!

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186244.msg311716#msg311716 date=1294972571]

Couldn't agree more.

There are plenty of cases where the bouncer goes looking for a fight but in this case the CCTV footage that was released would suggest that the would-be patrons were asking for trouble.

There may be more things come out in the future, but from what I've seen at this stage it appears that Hoppa was just doing his job.

Pretty stupid idea for him to be a bouncer, but Hoppa was never known for his brainpower!
[/quote]

Is that part of the problem though?  Not sure if I heard correctly but I thought he's not licensed to be a bouncer.

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=186244.msg311734#msg311734 date=1294985227]

Couldn't agree more.

[/quote]

Is that part of the problem though?  Not sure if I heard correctly but I thought he's not licensed to be a bouncer.
[/quote]
Ahh thank goodness, someone that finally understands the real issue. Hooray.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=186244.msg311768#msg311768 date=1295006880]
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=186244.msg311734#msg311734 date=1294985227]

Couldn't agree more.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Ahh thank goodness, someone that finally understands the real issue. Hooray.
[/quote]

This is not uncommon at all. I would say that 20-30% of people working in the security industry are not legally registered to work as security. All the security companies do is put them on shift with someone who is and designate them a "RSA Enforcer" rather then security and that is that.

A security license gives you zero legal protection anyway, it is simply a stepping stone to more money and potentially a gun. Not that you can use it anymore anyway.

A judge will consider his actions and rule on the legality of them, his status as a registered security guard will have no standing, if proven that he was acting as one however the company that employed him may also be liable. In fact having not received training he may be able to plead ignorance more convincingly, not that anyone would think twice when considering his ignorance.

Security are meant to look like they will physically throw you out, and look like they could bash your head in. Certainly to the extent that they deter any potential violence from staff and patrons, but in fact they have no more legal right to lay a hand on a person then the next guy and even the most qualified security guard in the country would be liable for an assault charge if they hit you.

Hoppa Snr has been cleared and won't be charged by police. I bet this doesn't make front page of the papers. It would be a different story if he was guilty.

Bottom line - don't believe everything you read in the paper. I am no great fan of Hoppa Snr but he is infamous and will never be given a fair go, based on past events.

I hope Hopoate's sue channel 9 for reckless reporting an unproved case with absolutely no evidence to back them up and especially that bitch who Will "tripped"

My understanding is that he has been cleared of any involvement in relation to the death.  Hoppa was charged in relation to the brother, and as far as I know those charges stand.

So Hopawate ,how ever you spell it,blocked the door of a court and told journalists to "get out ,its full',or words to that effect.I just wish someone had said that to him when he turned up in Australia before settling in a taxpayer funded house near Campbelltown.

This bloke is the complete dickhead. Who the **** does he think he is?

Sure ,he played decent footy, but he is a huge moron.

Piss off hoppa and let your son play footy.You are a pathetic discrace.

Seaweed, Hoppa was a very good player for us.  Sure he did some nasty things on the paddock, but he played hard.  I thought he was hard done by for his hit on Galloway, but the NRL wanted him out and targetted him.  Not sure about your reference re Campbelltown, but you can't have a go at anyone for living in public housing.  And the way the press had a go at Brett, I can sympathise with anyone being suspicious of the 'press' when it comes to court matters.  The guys an idiot, agreed, so just let him go.  No point in being abusive. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6