News: Hohaia, Matulino ruled out for Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p><font face="tahoma">Warriors utility Lance Hohaia could miss up to six weeks in the NRL with a knee injury while forward Ben Matulino faces up to three weeks on the sidelines with an ankle complaint.</font></p><p><font face="tahoma">
Hohaia ruptured the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Saturday's triumph over Parramatta and will miss between three and six weeks.
Kiwi Test star Hohaia lasted just 19 minutes in the 26-18 win, but scored a try either side of halftime before being forced off with the injury.</font></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/hohaia-matulino-ruled-out-for-warriors.html">Read the full article</a>

Hopefully Stacey Jones doesn't come into the team for Hohaia. Im still having nightmares of his "last" game in the NRL against us in 05.

a few more could level the playing field for us until we get some of ours back

From what I am hearing, Stacey will probably play for the Vulcans this week in the NSW Cup to get a run under his belt before his NRL comeback

Hard to say where they will go filling the Hohaia spot, but unfortunately for us, I doubt it will be with Witt. Maybe Foran will get an early bench run for them

Pepi link said:
Hopefully Stacey Jones doesn't come into the team for Hohaia. Im still having nightmares of his \"last\" game in the NRL against us in 05.

BK did everything possible to win that game for Manly :(

Gee, Parramatta did us a favour for once. Hohaia was a gun during the world cup and it's a huge advantage to us that he's out.

On paper you'd have to say we'd be specials for a win this week. I hope the forwards are up to the task as our backs need as much help as they can get.

On paper we should have won last weekend, hopefully the boys minds will be in a better place this week & those clowns with the whistle give us an even crack in the penalities

why is everyone acting like a loss in Round 1 is a big deal?
stop the hair pulling, the boys will get back on track this week, at home.

speaking of banning alcohol, i have thought of some better things to ban...
1. Delmerge from ever speaking to the media ever again.
2. Distribution of the Daily Telegraph
3. Playing Robo at FB.
4. Worrying about losing to last years wooden spooners.

Pittwater Legend link said:
Gee, Parramatta did us a favour for once.

What do you mean "a favour for once"? They are a damn good feeder club for us ! ! !

I agree with Dailyterror.  We didn't play a trial under the two ref rule and in my humble opinion had difficulty coming to grips with it last Saturday.  Des, although a critic, will be thorough enough to get the lads up to speed.  What I would like to see is Matai making effective tackles, not coming out of the line, Robbo back at wing and Kite not coming in to be the third man in a tackle.  What Souths showed last weekend is that two in a tackle should be the go.  The Rorters poured men in and Souths took advantage of fatigue, their little guys ran them ragged.. 

Back onto Matai bashing DSM, you do make a good point aboit gang tackles though, surely it would have been good luck than good management for Souths to take adavantacge of it - Jason Taylor that ex Norths gimp isn't that smart

Souths have more coaches than a bus company.  Tallis might have come up with the tackling idea.  He looks and talks like an idiot, but I think there's probably a good footie brain inside his huge head.  On Matai, he went high on Idris for his first try and it was left to Ox to bring him down.  To hard a task.  Wheel, he constantly worries me and he showed himself up on Saturday.  (along with most of the team I admit)

DSM5 link said:
Tallis might have come up with the tackling idea.  He looks and talks like an idiot, but I think there's probably a good footie brain inside his huge head.

He was coached by Wayne Bennett for the better part of a decade, and was pushed around the park by the likes of Lockyer, Walters and Langer. If he'd come out the other end of all that without absorbing a fair bit about the game, I'd be seriously worried.

Just to further add news to the Warriors side, Luck is no guarantee to play, still feeling the effects of the little nap he had after Moi Moi smashed him

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2