News: Hodges out for up to six months

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="first">Brisbane's Test centre Justin Hodges is facing up to six months on the sidelines after rupturing his Achilles tendon during preseason training.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4474-hodges-out-for-up-to-six-months.html">Read the full article</a>

That'll put a hole in the Broncos campaign this year. They had Hodges pencilled in to take over from KHunt at fullback from what I've read, so that leaves them short on options. Wouldn't be surprised if they miss the 8 this year.

Wouldn't surprise this punter as well.  Hodges is such a talent he'll be impossible to replace.  Hunt and now Hodges. 

Enormous loss for the Broncos. I'm also doubting their chances of making the eight.

Their pack was already looking weaker (after losing Taylor and Clinton etc), but you can't start to take bites out of their backline....

Shame he wont be there in Origin so we can finish the fight he was trying start

From what I have read he has a number of personal issues he is working through – so this could not have come at a worse time

Good. He's one of those blokes you can't feel sorry for.
The fact that he's such a valuable player in such a K.Hunt of a team just sweetens the deal.

lsz link said:
From what I have read he has a number of personal issues he is working through – so this could not have come at a worse time

Did his girfriend dump him again and he needs 6 months off this time.  Last time it happened he took off a month from memory.  

He is battling with depression and a number of addictions (i can not find the link to the story but i am pretty sure it was in the SMH on Sunday)

Look he acts like a goose on the park but i do not wish serious injury on anyone, especially those in a fragile mental state

I doubt a pro-footballer can be addicted to grog.

These days they get dropped for turning up to training hung over. If he was on the cans at training & prior to games it'd be a tad obvious.

Is he depressed about his money, his good looks, or the amount of chicks he could pull? It must be tough.

Your giving WAY too much credit to him Duff...as soon as he opens his mouth for example, those positives disappear out the door....

Remember - they are Rugby League players in a sport that pays its pro's less than most others.

What an enlightened opinion

He plays professional sport and earns a fair amount of money doing it.

How could he be depressed?

No wonder why mental illness has such a stigma.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6