News: Help Brett: A call to action for Manly fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p />It's not fair what Brett Stewart has had to endure.  In summing up the case against him I couldn't say it better than fellow Silvertails poster DSM5. 

<em />One must ask just who is responsible for this waste of public and private money, and who is responsible for putting this fine family through this horror? This nonsense should have been stopped along the way, before it snowballed into what it became, a tragedy.  And the real 'victims' in this are the Stewart family.  They are the ones who have to put up the hundreds of thousands of dollars to clear Brett's name, and they are the ones who have expended the emotional fortune that is unquantifiable.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5180-help-brett-a-call-to-action-for-manly-fans.html">Read the full article</a>

It would require a substantial spine to be man enough to admit that he over reacted and now indeed owes Brett and the Manly Club an apology. David Gallop hasn't even got a spine let alone a substantial one. He is a muppet who dances to the beat of the News drum. Expect further deafening silence on this front. The sooner we are rid of this clown the sooner the game can move forward.

Chip & Chase link said:
It would require a substantial spine to be man enough to admit that he over reacted and now indeed owes Brett and the Manly Club an apology. David Gallop hasn't even got a spine let alone a substantial one. He is a muppet who dances to the beat of the News drum. Expect further deafening silence on this front. The sooner we are rid of this clown the sooner the game can move forward.
  We all know this.  But to know it and not do anything about it is pure apathy and we have noone to blame for it but ourselves.  The steps above are simple and achievable.  Do them and let's make ourselves a monumental pain in the arse for the NRL.

Facebook,
Big sports Breakfast - http://www.2ky.com.au/feedback/index.php
Triple M  - http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/grill-team/contact

I guess the best sponsors to chase (or harass) would be the fast food chains and beer/spirits companies that advertise at the GF.They love their bottom lines.

FB group > David Gallop Must apologise to Brett Stewart
http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Gallop-Must-apologise-to-Brett-Stewart/142728909104623

Brett Stewart has gone to hell and back - pretty obvious from the Footy Show interview. Get on Gallop's case now.

NRL feedback - Done
NRL Facebook Page - Done on numerous threads.

Add to that, Done on numerous threads on Footy Show Facebook page too.

That interview certainly makes the blood boil. Forget that this guy is a world class footballer, for any decent human being to have to go through what he has had to endure for the last 18 months is beyond belief. His treatment by the media is not unexpected, they are bottom feeding parasites and have no morals, but for him to be hung out to dry by the administration of the sport that he has been such a fine ambassador for is an utter disgrace. Gallop should hang his head in shame.

I hope that Brett can put this whole epsiode behind him and get his life back on track. He deserves some good times ahead, let's hope that's a fully fit Bullet starring for Manly, NSW and Australia.

I just sent this email to the club:

Re Independent Commission, Gallop, Brett Stewart

Hi,

I would like to direct this comment, and these two questions, to the board of Manly Sea Eagles.

Is our club prepared to take a leading role to ensure fresh management for the game?

Will our club support or oppose Gallop's continuation as CEO?

Whatever deals or ultimatums have been proposed (for example by News Ltd?) in relation to the retaining of Gallop for any significant term after the formation of the Independent Commission, I urge our club to do all in its power to oppose that.

Gallop is not the reason Brett Stewart had to go through his ordeal, but he made the ordeal worse. His actions contributed to a public perception that Brett must be guilty, of something at least. He reacted to the media frenzy and his actions themselves caused an escalation in that frenzy. Gallop added to the devastating trauma for an innocent man. A fine young man who we are proud to call a member of our team, our club. This club must not let Gallop remain unopposed.

There are obviously far bigger issues in the game than this personal issue - but this issue is intensely personal. Our club has stood by Brett Stewart in commendable fashion, and we owe it to him to now say, 'Sorry David, but you simply do not have our support.'

Yours sincerely,

In the directly contact the NRL (section 4), I think the "sober" part should be changed to "in full control" because he had been drinking and this will be a point they could argue. But otherwise this is a great idea!! It's time that Brett gets the apologies he deserves.

Just started commenting on NRL Facebook feeds..
When will David Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart for his double demerit defamation?

Just sent the Msg.. Just starting on FB.. and I will not back off!!!
This whole thing is a disgrace and they should all be ashamed of themselves.
I've also sent these instructions to others, to get them to participate!

Great idea Matabele! Let's give it to them, until Brett gets what he deserves!!!

From the other thread;
Here is this morning's assignment. A little birdie has given me the mobile number of the NRL Media and Communications manager.  0408 881 222

Not sure about publishing his mobile number BE? I don't think that bombarding John Brady's phone will do any good.
He will just turn the thing off or maybe even get another number if annoying text messages and calls from strangers keep arriving.
Maintain the rage by all means but encouraging people to contact the NRL via a staff members mobile number is not going to get anyone anywhere.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2