News: Heated talks put new NRL commission on hold

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
AUSTRALIAN Rugby League chairman John Chalk has dedicated a lifetime to the game but he is in danger of being remembered as the man who single-handedly stymied the formation of the independent commission.

Read the full article

I hate News LTD - wonder of the club's may consider startign a comp of their own.

I have heard that very thing Wheel. I'd support it as I think Gallop would then be history. With a 'Commission' I believe he has been given back his job for three years guaranteed.

The problem for a lot of clubs I have heard is that the NRL owns the trademarks, the logos etc, the names of the teams - so it would be a bit of a marketing gamble.

"News Limited (publisher of The Australian) threatened to go back on its agreement to exit the game as part of the commission's formation and stay on for a further five years"

Surprise, surprise. You can always trust News Ltd to be untrustworthy.

If the exit were clean and legit, they wouldn't have any say in who the commissioners are.

Imagine how good our game would be if it wasn't always trying to kill itself. BTW I don't have the answers to the games problems but it seems people are too busy looking looking after themselves instead of the game. Old mate in story "dedicated life to game", sounds like he's been milking it for a lifetime.

eagle-rock08 said:
Probelms I see with a rebel league:

1 Cost

2 Cost

3 Cost

Just get someone like Rupert Murdoch to bankroll it. They can get their money back through the marketing / broadcast rights. Win / Win.

Take them all to a new competition,NRL will be a merge between nsw and qld cup and IRL can be the 16 teams we currently have,let Gallop keep the NRL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7