News: Hasler takes aim at referees, Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p><strong>Controversy reigned yet again as Gold Coast Titans kicked a penalty goal in the dying stages to edge out Manly 18-17 at Skilled Stadium.</strong></p> <blockquote><span class="ldquo">“</span>The game is professional, the officialdom isn't.<span class="rdquo">”</span> <cite><strong>– Des Hasler </strong>The Manly coach pulled no punches in his post-match press conference. </cite></blockquote> <p>Manly looked to have secured the two competition points when captain Matt Orford kicked a field goal seven minutes from full-time of a game played at a frenetic pace, the halfback having previously muscling his way over to score the Sea Eagles' only try of the second half try to give them a 16-10 lead.
</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3911-hasler-takes-aim-at-referees-gallop.html">Read the full article</a>

Fair enough comment from Desmond, the refereeing this season has been woeful at times.

I'd like Gallop, or Finch for that matter, to explain to me when the knock on rule got amended to include balls that go backwards. Or how when we now have 4 officials with whistles or flags, forward passes that the crowd, commentators and viewers can plainly see are constantly missed. I'm not talking flat line balls, I'm talking ones like the Warriors threw today that went at least 2m forward. Or any of the 30 or 40 that the Storm threw last night. Also like to know if they ever intend to blow a penalty for the attacking player walking off the mark when playing the ball instead of just blaming the markers for being out of position. I could go on but I'd be here all night.........so frustrating

Have just read something I have never read before, the opposition co-captain, Luke Bailey, saying that we deserved the victory, while Prince admitted they were very lucky

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Have just read something I have never read before, the opposition co-captain, Luke Bailey, saying that we deserved the victory, while Prince admitted they were very lucky
What about friend, what did he say?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180497.msg224516#msg224516 date=1243163662]
What about friend, what did he say?
[/quote]

According to Gould on footy show, Titans should of denied the penalty ;) haha

WAMF link said:
9 giving the MOM to Friend was just another kick in the guts.
I barely noticed him apart from when he bounced back about 5 meters from a charge by King or Perry.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180497.msg224536#msg224536 date=1243165205]
and the funny thing was Prince was the guest !!!
Yeah and he said he wouldn't knock back the win - how prophetic>
[/quote]

As if you'd reject the win. Better than acting as if the penalty was right.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=180497.msg224538#msg224538 date=1243165477]
9 giving the MOM to Friend was just another kick in the guts.
I barely noticed him apart from when he bounced back about 5 meters from a charge by King or Perry.
[/quote]

Little turd was trying to burrow up our asses and tackle us that way, and that's why you never saw much of him

Shocking call and another one from an inexperienced one.

I would be pissed if I travelled up from Syney to deal with that crap.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6