1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Hasler takes aim at referees, Gallop

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, May 24, 2009.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    <p><strong>Controversy reigned yet again as Gold Coast Titans kicked a penalty goal in the dying stages to edge out Manly 18-17 at Skilled Stadium.</strong></p> <blockquote><span class="ldquo">“</span>The game is professional, the officialdom isn't.<span class="rdquo">”</span> <cite><strong>– Des Hasler </strong>The Manly coach pulled no punches in his post-match press conference. </cite></blockquote> <p>Manly looked to have secured the two competition points when captain Matt Orford kicked a field goal seven minutes from full-time of a game played at a frenetic pace, the halfback having previously muscling his way over to score the Sea Eagles' only try of the second half try to give them a 16-10 lead.
    </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3911-hasler-takes-aim-at-referees-gallop.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Fair enough comment from Desmond, the refereeing this season has been woeful at times.

I'd like Gallop, or Finch for that matter, to explain to me when the knock on rule got amended to include balls that go backwards. Or how when we now have 4 officials with whistles or flags, forward passes that the crowd, commentators and viewers can plainly see are constantly missed. I'm not talking flat line balls, I'm talking ones like the Warriors threw today that went at least 2m forward. Or any of the 30 or 40 that the Storm threw last night. Also like to know if they ever intend to blow a penalty for the attacking player walking off the mark when playing the ball instead of just blaming the markers for being out of position. I could go on but I'd be here all night.........so frustrating

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Have just read something I have never read before, the opposition co-captain, Luke Bailey, saying that we deserved the victory, while Prince admitted they were very lucky

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    What about friend, what did he say?

5. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    He was too busy sniffing other blokes arses to comment

6. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    What about friend, what did he say?
    [/quote]

According to Gould on footy show, Titans should of denied the penalty ;) haha

7. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    and the funny thing was Prince was the guest !!!

8. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    9 giving the MOM to Friend was just another kick in the guts.

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Yeah and he said he wouldn't knock back the win - how prophetic>

10. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    I barely noticed him apart from when he bounced back about 5 meters from a charge by King or Perry.

11. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Yeah and he said he wouldn't knock back the win - how prophetic>
    [/quote]

As if you'd reject the win. Better than acting as if the penalty was right.

12. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I barely noticed him apart from when he bounced back about 5 meters from a charge by King or Perry.
    [/quote]

Little turd was trying to burrow up our asses and tackle us that way, and that's why you never saw much of him

13. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Shocking call and another one from an inexperienced one.

I would be pissed if I travelled up from Syney to deal with that crap.