News: Hamstrung Stewart training but not fit for Penrith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
interesting Copa, I also find it bad that the club always asks for volunteers to help with mailing etc when we have loads of guys on money that these "volunteers" and I would only dream of. Get the contracted players helping!! I imagine they would have some free time during the week.
What, too demeaning for them? Some have never worked and that is the problem and why they run onto buses as they run their own show etc! Yes, they are training/playing most of the year. Well, so do most people!!

You take the average 1st grade contract of 200 grand and the tax of around 56 grand a year. That leaves nearly 150 grand, that's 3000 cash in the pocket every week, and that ain't superstar dough! They're doing okay!!

In regards to Brett on 400 grand, that's 6000 cash in his pocket every week, a lap around the oval for 30 minutes is a fair exchange for nearly 900 dollars a day!!

If they had them folding the mail no doubt you would be moaning that Des isn't out training them or something.

why not Kiwi, why should volunteers do it? Is it abit above the boys? Surely they can help out the club because they love Manly so much?

If people want to go in there and fold them, good luck to them. Whether they do or don't is absolutely irrelevant.

I'm quite happy with the amount of work our boys doy visiting sick children and the likes of that, but I guess there isn't anything to moan about in that so we shouldn't mention it

Darren said:
why not Kiwi, why should volunteers do it? Is it abit above the boys? Surely they can help out the club because they love Manly so much?

Yes they are above it. They are professional footballers who are paid to train and play football. I am a Financial Controller, if someone asks me to stuff envelopes I would tell them to get stuffed. It is not what I am paid to do.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Darren said:
interesting Copa, I also find it bad that the club always asks for volunteers to help with mailing etc when we have loads of guys on money that these "volunteers" and I would only dream of. Get the contracted players helping!! I imagine they would have some free time during the week.
What, too demeaning for them? Some have never worked and that is the problem and why they run onto buses as they run their own show etc! Yes, they are training/playing most of the year. Well, so do most people!!

You take the average 1st grade contract of 200 grand and the tax of around 56 grand a year. That leaves nearly 150 grand, that's 3000 cash in the pocket every week, and that ain't superstar dough! They're doing okay!!

In regards to Brett on 400 grand, that's 6000 cash in his pocket every week, a lap around the oval for 30 minutes is a fair exchange for nearly 900 dollars a day!!

If they had them folding the mail no doubt you would be moaning that Des isn't out training them or something.

they may get paper cuts doing that ;)

its official darren has finally lost the plot

mate i hate to see what you would be like on here if we were 0 and 6 and broke.

lighten up things are traveling quite nicely

I'm not sure how much free time you think a professional footballer gets these days Darren but i can assure you it isn't much. Maybe, depending on what day they play, they might get 1 weekday off a week. But the other days are pretty much early morning to mid afternoon with a break inbetween. Then play Saturday for instance. Then Recovery on sunday. Oh yeah, throw in some charity or community based work in too.

If i worked pretty much every day for you and you wanted me to fold enveolpes i'd tell you to get ****ed.

Fonz said:
I'm not sure how much free time you think a professional footballer gets these days Darren but i can assure you it isn't much. Maybe, depending on what day they play, they might get 1 weekday off a week. But the other days are pretty much early morning to mid afternoon with a break inbetween. Then play Saturday for instance. Then Recovery on sunday. Oh yeah, throw in some charity or community based work in too.

If i worked pretty much every day for you and you wanted me to fold enveolpes i'd tell you to get ****ed.

What if you were his secretary?

Then i would prefer the title Administration Manager and i'd get some other pleb to do it!

I don't really care about the envelope stuffing, but Darren's idea about injured players walking around signing autographs and getting pictures taken would be a nice notion.

codewana said:
I don't really care about the envelope stuffing, but Darren's idea about injured players walking around signing autographs and getting pictures taken would be a nice notion.

That is true, and they should do that.

I have heard but am sworn to secrecy. In the radar we trust.
But I 'll give you a clue: 'think positive.'

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8