1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Hamstrung Stewart training but not fit for Penrith

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    MANLY fullback Brett Stewart cut a lonely figure at the Sydney Sports Academy in Narrabeen as he continued his one-man rehabilitation session back into the NRL.

Read the full article

2. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I'm guessing these means Brett actually did tear a hammy? Wasn't the initial news just hamstring tightness and rested as a precaution? To read he's still not able to join in training must mean it was something worse than just tightness.

3. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Before the 1st game he pulled out of v Souths, they did quote hamstring tightness. Obviously it was much worse, and for some reason the supporters of this club have not been advised. We don't have to have access to detailed descriptions of every injury to every player but surely we could have been told Brett would miss a week or 2, at the very least.

4. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1

It was believed it was only a strain which saw him pull out against Souths. Then the next week he was training at 100% until the Thursday ( before Sharks) where he reinjured the hamstring - apparently low grade tear

5. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    With Lil Hoppa playing the way he is it's great that Des does not have to rush the Prince back. Take his time so he is fit and well come september

6. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Lets all make sure that the management of this club know that we as important stakeholders require that they keep us abreast of the exact nature of any & all player injuries and the expected timeframe for return.

Of course we must make sure no information leaks to anyone outside of us collectively so as to minimise the damage to our chances of competing & winning.

7. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    They do realise keeping stuff like this a secret is really only from the punters. Opposition clubs know whose playing or not regardless of the lineups named. Betting agencies know as well. The people left in the dark are the fans.

8. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Masked,i sense a siege mentality around us,i dont think the punters/other teams nor the bookies have a ****ing clue whos playing

I honestly dont give a **** whos playing anymore,we get the old backline back and we are deadset awesome,we use the youngsters and we find more gaps and use more speed,the older blokes however can create a linebreak through 2 men,the young guys simply dont need to,its almost touch football skills

9. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    The 2008 GF is still the last time we were at full strength and I don't see it happening any time soon. If Snake still can't train, then he is most likely weeks away.

10. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    Sunrise (Chan 7) news said this mornming he'd be fit!!

11. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    Deja Vu anyone .... he's playing, no actually he's not, no there's a report he's o.k. ..... and so on.

12. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    Ducks and Drakes.

It's a hamstring injury. I have had hamstring injuries be horrible one day, then two days later absolutely fine.

I have also had them last weeks. I don't want to see him rushed back in TBH and hamstring injuries are buggers sometimes

13. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Look ATM for the first time we can win consistently with out stewy so DES is right don't rush him. What is sad though is if he had played the last three weeks he would be getting back to his best and with Haynes out of form and Dugan injured he would of been a massive chance to get his blues jersey back

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Well Cambo, lucky for us he hasn't been playing. Those silly rep games just rob us of our best players. We will be winning through the 'origin' series with a full squad which is a good thing. Winning the premiership is all. Nothing else matters.

15. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I couldn't agree more. I hate SOO.

16. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Depends a lot on the weather.The playing suface last week would not have been good for a dodgy hammy and if wet this week another week off would be on the cards.

17. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    If anyone knows it will be the bookies!

18. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +856 / 53
    utlility is spot on assuming the ground is still soft the chances of him playing are pretty low

19. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I would think he would be a bigger chance of playing if it was an away game, with the pitch the way it is at brookie, any niggle might keep him off the field.

20. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1

yeah last friday they said that saturday would be mostly fine - a possible shower