News: Hamstrung Stewart training but not fit for Penrith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MANLY fullback Brett Stewart cut a lonely figure at the Sydney Sports Academy in Narrabeen as he continued his one-man rehabilitation session back into the NRL.

Read the full article

I'm guessing these means Brett actually did tear a hammy? Wasn't the initial news just hamstring tightness and rested as a precaution? To read he's still not able to join in training must mean it was something worse than just tightness.

Before the 1st game he pulled out of v Souths, they did quote hamstring tightness. Obviously it was much worse, and for some reason the supporters of this club have not been advised. We don't have to have access to detailed descriptions of every injury to every player but surely we could have been told Brett would miss a week or 2, at the very least.

EagleRock40 said:
Before the 1st game he pulled out of v Souths, they did quote hamstring tightness. Obviously it was much worse, and for some reason the supporters of this club have not been advised. We don't have to have access to detailed descriptions of every injury to every player but surely we could have been told Brett would miss a week or 2, at the very least.

It was believed it was only a strain which saw him pull out against Souths. Then the next week he was training at 100% until the Thursday ( before Sharks) where he reinjured the hamstring - apparently low grade tear

With Lil Hoppa playing the way he is it's great that Des does not have to rush the Prince back. Take his time so he is fit and well come september

Lets all make sure that the management of this club know that we as important stakeholders require that they keep us abreast of the exact nature of any & all player injuries and the expected timeframe for return.

Of course we must make sure no information leaks to anyone outside of us collectively so as to minimise the damage to our chances of competing & winning.

They do realise keeping stuff like this a secret is really only from the punters. Opposition clubs know whose playing or not regardless of the lineups named. Betting agencies know as well. The people left in the dark are the fans.

Masked,i sense a siege mentality around us,i dont think the punters/other teams nor the bookies have a ****ing clue whos playing

I honestly dont give a **** whos playing anymore,we get the old backline back and we are deadset awesome,we use the youngsters and we find more gaps and use more speed,the older blokes however can create a linebreak through 2 men,the young guys simply dont need to,its almost touch football skills

The 2008 GF is still the last time we were at full strength and I don't see it happening any time soon. If Snake still can't train, then he is most likely weeks away.

Ducks and Drakes.

It's a hamstring injury. I have had hamstring injuries be horrible one day, then two days later absolutely fine.

I have also had them last weeks. I don't want to see him rushed back in TBH and hamstring injuries are buggers sometimes

Look ATM for the first time we can win consistently with out stewy so DES is right don't rush him. What is sad though is if he had played the last three weeks he would be getting back to his best and with Haynes out of form and Dugan injured he would of been a massive chance to get his blues jersey back

Well Cambo, lucky for us he hasn't been playing. Those silly rep games just rob us of our best players. We will be winning through the 'origin' series with a full squad which is a good thing. Winning the premiership is all. Nothing else matters.

DSM5 said:
Well Cambo, lucky for us he hasn't been playing. Those silly rep games just rob us of our best players. We will be winning through the 'origin' series with a full squad which is a good thing. Winning the premiership is all. Nothing else matters.
I couldn't agree more. I hate SOO.

Depends a lot on the weather.The playing suface last week would not have been good for a dodgy hammy and if wet this week another week off would be on the cards.

The Eagle said:
Masked,i sense a siege mentality around us,i dont think the punters/other teams nor the bookies have a ****ing clue whos playing

I honestly dont give a s**t whos playing anymore,we get the old backline back and we are deadset awesome,we use the youngsters and we find more gaps and use more speed,the older blokes however can create a linebreak through 2 men,the young guys simply dont need to,its almost touch football skills

If anyone knows it will be the bookies!

I would think he would be a bigger chance of playing if it was an away game, with the pitch the way it is at brookie, any niggle might keep him off the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4