News: Grant Goldman claims he was forced out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item">
<p>GRANT Goldman, the legendary former voice of Brookvale Oval, has broken his silence over why he left the Sea Eagles, claiming he was forced out.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4797-grant-goldman-claims-he-was-forced-out.html">Read the full article</a>

I have got to say that the new announcer is the most mundane and boring announcer I have heard.

He may have a good job working at Coles calling out the "Price check at aisle 5" or something but Goldman was a thousand times better

I had to laugh at his claim he is entirely responsible for getting the crowd going. Not at dome of the games I've been to, unless we count people screaming at him to shut up.

I don't get to Brookie often, but tbh I have never even noticed the guy. Maybe that is because I am just happy to be watching NRL footy but I can't recall ever noticing his work on the microphone

If you go to one this year you will certainly notice the difference!

I liked Goldman and he got involved more than any other announcers. He was part of the brookie experience to me.

Honestly it was good to be back at brookie for tge dragons game but it certainly was not the same

For those fortunate to be at the ground his announcement of "beeeeeeeeaver" certainly added to my experience of Brookvale Oval, and my 4 year old sons'. He still runs round the house every time he sees us on on the TV, doing the same.

Grant Goldman was an awesome announcer and heaps better than the one we have now. However, I must say that wherever I have sat in the ground you can't hear much anyhow. The hill, you may as well not bother and even in the Jane Try Stand on Monday night the sound was terribly unclear. If Goldman was pushed, those responsible should hang their heads in shame.

I found Goldman annoying, to be honest. Haven't heard the new guy yet, so can't comment. I must say though that in general I'm not a fan of announcers in any sport who try and manufacture atmosphere with inane chants.

Grant's involvement with the club went way beyond just the ground announcing. He also did the player presentations of all grades at the club after a game and has been involved in everything the Eagles do. Like Dan said, his voice has been part of the Brookie experience to generations. I won't say that it was always a positive experience as I know plenty on the hill who found the volume too high and sometimes annoying, and there are plenty who love his work. All the same it seems a big broom has gone through the place.

Who cares if Beaver, or Grant Mayer, or someone who passionately gave a great part of their life to the Sea Eagles is pushed out? Well I would be counted as one who does.

Manly CEO Graham Lowe refused to comment on why Mr Goldman was no longer the club announcer, but said there was no chance of him returning.

Very weak "Mr" Lowe

ManlyBacker link said:
Who cares if Beaver, or someone who passionately gave a great part of their life to the Sea Eagles is pushed out? Well I would be counted as one who does.
  It doesn't take much to yell into a microphone.  Scoring 170 grade tries as a forward is something else. 

I like the use of the word legendary to describe GG. Actually no I don't.

Still seems a bit rough to a Manly diehard, but who knows the full story? Anything could have gone down.

Will never forget the "Beaver" call. It's etched for good.

Exactly. He is a ground announcer FFS. Doesnt take talent to be boisterous.

Trust me I have just come back from the states.....

If you just think he was just a ground announcer then you are wrong. I don't know the story behind all this but I do know that for Grant his involvement with the Sea Eagles was a life-long one. Talent or no talent.

clontaago link said:
Exactly. He is a ground announcer FFS. Doesnt take talent to be boisterous.

Trust me I have just come back from the states.....

True, but the new annoucer is still total rubbish. Not that you can hear him properly.. even from the middle of the Jane Try stand I can't hear him properly through the awful speakers.

Even though Ch 9 have a vaid point in that GG often crossed the line into "too much", to me his voice is synonymous with Brookvale

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7