News: Glenn's Blue healer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glenn is 26.  He is clearly past his prime and we should move him on in favour of one of the guys running around in the 20's, or maybe even SG Ball. 

Garts link said:
Glenn is 26.  He is clearly past his prime and we should move him on in favour of one of the guys running around in the 20's, or maybe even SG Ball. 

Are you kidding!? 26 is hardly over the hill in league. Many players dn't hit their best football until their mid-later 20's.

By your logic the following players should be retired for being 26 or over: Jamie Lyon, Jason King, Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Johnathon Thurston, Darren Lockyer, Petero Civoniceva, Luke Lewis, Dave Shillington, Paul Gallen... you know what pretty much the entire representitive football roster.

We would have beaten the Goons if Glenn and Matai had of been on the park in the semis.  He's an excellent player with years ahead of him.  He was distracted last year by the bleeding obvious.  He'll come back next season no problem, and be back to our best on park.  Having the brothers back on the park will lift all our players.  And Lewis as captain of NSW Ben?  Spare me, the guy is hopeless. 

Ben Wallace link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=186065.msg308427#msg308427 date=1291330803]

Are you kidding!? 26 is hardly over the hill in league. Many players dn't hit their best football until their mid-later 20's.

By your logic the following players should be retired for being 26 or over: Jamie Lyon, Jason King, Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Johnathon Thurston, Darren Lockyer, Petero Civoniceva, Luke Lewis, Dave Shillington, Paul Gallen... you know what pretty much the entire representitive football roster.
[/quote]

Ben, I think you may find Garts was being ironic. It's a standing forum joke about Darren's desire to rid the club of anyone older than 21..lol

brookie link said:
apparently nice guys finish last...
wouldn't mind seeing a bit more mongrel from glenn.
although a bit cheap, i liked that hit on anasta!
does he still have games suspension to serve for that?
I spoke to Glenn today and asked him that question. He said he'd be "training" during the 2 trial matches (ie serving his suspension for the trials), then will play in round 1. I must say it was great to see him smiling and in a happy, upbeat mood, unlike this year when he was quiet and subdued.

ALinda link said:
[quote author=brookie link=topic=186065.msg308252#msg308252 date=1291205936]
apparently nice guys finish last...
wouldn't mind seeing a bit more mongrel from glenn.
although a bit cheap, i liked that hit on anasta!
does he still have games suspension to serve for that?
I spoke to Glenn today and asked him that question. He said he'd be "training" during the 2 trial matches (ie serving his suspension for the trials), then will play in round 1. I must say it was great to see him smiling and in a happy, upbeat mood, unlike this year when he was quiet and subdued.
[/quote]
nice one, thanks

I just hope that Joel Monaghan doesn't read the thread title he might think it's right up his alley................. to soon?

Gifty is a great player and every team would love a 5/8 playing in the back row. There is very few around these days and Gifty is brilliant. If it wasnt for him this Jamie Lyon would be still getting the overrated tag.

Pull your heads in those critics and actually watch the game ;D

I am with you on that one Shire Eagle, the 1st forward picked in my team. Great work rate and skillfull, whilst this season wasn't his best there were plenty worse. I am tipping he will be back to his best next year and wouldn't look out of place in the Blues side working his combos with Killer.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2