News: Glenn's Blue healer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>TIGERS rugby league great Paul Sironen believes a clear-minded Sea Eagles forward Glenn Stewart will fight back into Origin contention next season.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5274-glenns-blue-healer.html">Read the full article</a>

I wouldn't trust Sirro's judgements, he's going down the gurglar with Krispy Kremes. He lost profits supplying George and Glenn in 2010. 

SO the manly daily reporter just happened to bump in to Sirro (who was mopping the floors of one of the KK stores before handing the keys back to the landlord) and had a quick chat about the Stewart's? I mean, what sort of bull**** story is that.
Like we didn't know that Glenn was feeling for his brother and suffered on field as a consequence. The Stewart family's lives were turned upside down for nearly 2 yrs and this is the best rubbish he could come up with to fill his column?
Aren't journo's supposed to report stuff we don't already know?

Stewart would have to find the form from 2-3 years ago and even then he would have to push out the current 4 being Lewis, Bird, Gallen and Watmough andf then after that I'm sure Dean Young would be next and I expect someone like Mitch Aubusson to be a bolter this year if he backs up with last year's form. I foubt he can get back there with the talent he is fighting against. As an aside, Luke Lewis is my pick for NSW Capt.

Glenn won't play origin again or tests!! He had his run, others are well past him, solid player but hope we ain't paying 300 plus for him!! Probably am and that's why we are in salary cap strife.

agree masked eagle.
i think siro is a legend and i hope glenn gets back to his best and jar's it up all ye who have no faith.

i swear if i was a player reading this forum i'd think some of the guys on here aren't real supporters  (meaning being SUPPORTIVE of our boys) at all.
just a bunch of lounge coaches...

go glenn, i believe.
that is all!

apparently nice guys finish last...
wouldn't mind seeing a bit more mongrel from glenn.
although a bit cheap, i liked that hit on anasta!
does he still have games suspension to serve for that?

Ben Wallace link said:
Stewart would have to find the form from 2-3 years ago and even then he would have to push out the current 4 being Lewis, Bird, Gallen and Watmough andf then after that I'm sure Dean Young would be next and I expect someone like Mitch Aubusson to be a bolter this year if he backs up with last year's form. I foubt he can get back there with the talent he is fighting against. As an aside, Luke Lewis is my pick for NSW Capt.
I watched Glenn's game pretty closely this year: I didn't think he played any worse than choc, who in my opinion got through 2010 mostly on reputation.
I think he can compete with any back-rower in the comp, and 2011 will remind us of just that.

it seemed to me the way Glenn finished 2010 was he did not have his head in the game with that cheap  shot elbow from such a clean player

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Ben Wallace link=topic=186065.msg308242#msg308242 date=1291200202]
I watched Glenn's game pretty closely this year: I didn't think he played any worse than choc, who in my opinion got through 2010 mostly on reputation.
I think he can compete with any back-rower in the comp, and 2011 will remind us of just that.
[/quote]

I didn't say Choc played better, I jsut said he was in the current 4 for Origin. He was also in the Aus team, and I agree he is trading on reputation. Stewart is a great ball playing lock when he is on form, but once you fall out of form and fall out of selectors favour its almost impossible to get back in

It's all good Ben. I never thought you were saying Choc was playing better. I do agree it will be hard for Glenn to force his way back into rep footie, I just think/hope he can do it.
Apart from last years "brain explosion" I have always seen him as the quiet achiever : on his day a match winner. 

Darren link said:
Glenn won't play origin again or tests!! He had his run, others are well past him, solid player but hope we ain't paying 300 plus for him!! Probably am and that's why we are in salary cap strife.

Writing him off is laughable, considering he offers a completely different skill set to most others in back row contention.

He is more than 'solid', if you want a solid player go and discuss Ben Lowe with your Souths mate, he doesn't offer half of the stuff Glenn does

Glenn didn't offer anything last year but constantly cut back inside or was too slow to get around anyone. I wouldn't be bagging anyone else's pack the way ours performed in 2010.

Darren link said:
Glenn didn't offer anything last year but constantly cut back inside or was too slow to get around anyone. I wouldn't be bagging anyone else's pack the way ours performed in 2010.

To say he didn't offer anything is complete rubbish

His 1st 6 weeks last season were among the best he has played for us, he did go a long way off the boil mid season but just before suspensionn was looking good again, namely in the match against the Warriors where he pretty much got us home with his ball playing

But then again, I guess he is no Aaron Groome ;)

you are correct, the 1st 6 weeks of the nrl comp he played really well, splattered with a couple of good games. He did offer something but it wasn't alot, hence his booting off the major rep teams.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6