News: Give 5m rule a go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY rugby league great Max Krilich believes the 5m rule should be brought back into the NRL after it was re-introduced at junior level on Thursday. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4201-give-5m-rule-a-go.html">Read the full article</a>

From what I saw in the Bronco's V Panthers game at Suncorp last Saturday, Checcin was letting them come about 4 metres....fair dinkum he didn't look once at off side all day so both sides exploited it with the more effective side being Brisbane.

Leave it at 10 metres IMO

While we are on that.

Try's from bombs worth 2 points
Try's not from bombs 4 points
Try's scored running from the last tackle 5 points

Now how much more exciting would that make the game???

Mark from Brisbane link said:
While we are on that.

Try's from bombs worth 2 points
Try's not from bombs 4 points
Try's scored running from the last tackle 5 points

Now how much more exciting would that make the game???

lets just leave the rules as they are

We **** with them too much and invariably the change effects another part of the game.

The rules aren't perfect but lets keep them as they are and get on with it

Definitely should leave it at the 10m since many teams are already about 5m offside as it is. The game would be even more defensive at 5 metres. Less tries, more penalties.

Just get rid of the second ref and have the video ref whisper to the man in the middle when forward passes occur.  That would make me happy.

DSM5 link said:
Just get rid of the second ref and have the video ref whisper to the man in the middle when forward passes occur.  That would make me happy.

and get rid of orford right?

Thanks Dan.  I hope you've noticed I've been very quiet on that subject lately.  It's obvious that my voice just isn't heard by the retentions group and that's OK.  I'd prefer him to go, that's all.   

We lost two and won one Kiwi since my last rant.  I just didn't comment on the last play option against the Tigers, or the Souths disgrace. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4