News Gets Worse On Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the alcohol abuse will occur whether we win or lose.the drug abuse should be regarded as a viable option going forward if this nightmare continues.my other brother is a chemist,has little money and no ethics whatsoever so we have the means if need be.

I'm starting to get over this whole Orford thing. No doubt we need him, but at what price.....$500K a season. Is he that good ?? The problem is what do we do, there is hardly a glut of players on the market, so if we don't spend the money on Orford it's not like we can go out and strengthen our prop ranks, or pick up a quality hooker. Plus we have let a couple of first grade standard players in Donald and Harris go, presumably to fit Orford in.

If he doesn't come than it's going to be a lean year next year.

****. The club expected the little pricks signature yesterday, what beers do you drink boys, might be better if I just buy a couple of cases.

At the moment neither Donald or Harris are playing any where near first grade standard.The sooner Des drop's Donald to the Reggies and promotes Jared Taylor the better.At least JT can contest a high ball and catch it.Put Hicks back into the centre's bring Steppa onto the wing and let Tezza retire and join the coaching ranks at Manly.Or even put Matai onto the wing.He has gotten himself an attitude problem lately though.He is an angry ant at the moment..I guess he doesn't like playing reggies anymore after having a taste of first grade.

Good point Chip & Chase.I dont think Orford is worth 500K,it will be bloody Kimmorley & Field all over again.A disaster in the making.Nate Myles would be a handy pick up,but as Sue mentioned the Dog's wont part with him.Also i would love to see Ashton Simms at Manly but i doubt the Dragon's would lose him after letting Bailey go.I know Simms is still under contract just a thought for the future.

****. The club expected the little pricks signature yesterday, what beers do you drink boys, might be better if I just buy a couple of cases.

Crown :drunk: :D

this 450k or 500k stuff is irrelevant lads.in the grand scheme of things it doesnt matter.history tells us the 7 is the key position and must be class to compete.look at the top sides.they all have very good 7s.a top 7 is worth different amount to different clubs.to newcastle and brisbane he is worth 200.to souths and manly he is worth plenty.kyou have to look at

1.the alternative-there is none
2.recruitment going forward-you must have marquee players to attract others with our **** sandwich record this century
3.we dont have any more time to waste.we are reaching the same stage as the bunnies.we are almost a joke out there in the real world.believe me.

50k iether way right now is irrelevant.

This new clause that has come into play by South's & The Storm that allows Orford to leave if and when a CC team come's in to the comp.The only way there would be a CC team included in the next 4 year's which would be the length of Orford's contract at either club would be South's.I dont think South's would relocate anyway,and Orford could live on the Central Coast and play for Manly or South's for that matter.So if that is what Orford want's then add it to our deal & see what he really want's to do.

andrew exactly. i say Manly offer the same clause

We could offer to give Monaghan and King to the local CC side of his choice to bring some exposure to the region he holds so close to his heart.

mimis is a professional manager well respected by all clubs attempting to get the best deal for his client.that is why they pay them.who cares when he signs.it means absolutely nothing in the scheme of things.it is if he signs that matters.

and your alternative answer is what.we play "ring around the roseberry bush" for the next 3 years with our present option.look beyond orford as a player to those he may bring with him in future.

all monaghan will bring will be the receivers.

The only thing Monaghan will attract is other **** house half backs looking for an opportunity in First Grade.

They'll figure they couldn't be worse.

Simple answer - add the get out clause

The CC will not join till at least 2 seasons after the GC, thats 3 years out of him and hed be starting to age by then. Add to that we have Groom coming through who should be taking over around then (at this stage it would be unacceptable to lose him).

What do we have to lose for offering the clause - very little.

mate i never didnt want orford, just didnt want to pay too much. We had to still be able to get a centre.

We have the centre, i believe we are paying circa 400K for Orford - which is about what i think he is worth.

I have never said we didnt need another half either, what i said is chuck the money at anasta - we need a 5/8 that can do more than tackle and kick goals. We will have 3 half backs and no 5/8 next year should we snare orford, that could still hurt us.

That's right Fluffy.I cant see another franchise coming in for at least 5 year's.Except if South's or the Storm relocate.As i put in earlier give him the same clause as the other 2 club's match the dollar's Melbourne are paying and see what his hand is.He can live on the Central Coast and play for us,it is only about an hour away from Narrabeen so get on with Matt.Either way put us to peace.

funny how when Monas took a week before signing everyone was saying.. if he doesnt want to sign then **** off..

yet Orford.. gets a 2% increase from Souths and takes an extra week to think about it.. hes about as comitted as Bobb Carr is in ruining the state.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6