1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Get off ya high horse Gallop

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, May 11, 2011.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    If evidence was still required that the 2009 mistreatment of Brett Stewart still rankles out Manly way, it was delivered in spades on Monday night when Brett Stewart celebrated his 100th try in first grade with a celebratory “Gallop” around the in-goal area, telling reporters afterwards “it was good being back having a gallop” (double entendre no doubt intended).

Read more

2. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    "Where Gallop and his lackeys seem to think they’re doing a good job, it is incomprehensible to the man in the street that this man and his administration could even be considered worthy of continuing if and when an independent commission for rugby league is established. From the first day Gallop’s reign was doleful, a po-faced lawyer without a feel for the game installed as a reward for his services to News Limited in the Super League war."

3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    If Gallop has any input into the commission in no way could it be seen as independent.

4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Good read. If only stuff like this were published in the rags.

5. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    This is now a feature article on "The Big Tip" website. Feel free to applaud it so I can win more money to feed my kindle habit.

http://www.thebigtip.com.au/league/ya-high-horse-gallop

6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Nicely done Mata, another good read.

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,760 / 258
    Not only a good read but I have just made sure the Stewart family see this and will also send to Zorb as well!!

8. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    "Good Call" vote recorded. Pity there is no "Best Call Ever" button.

9. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Good to see Matas using his powers for good rather than evil for a change.

10. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,760 / 258
    He can be powerfully good when he wants to be!!

11. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    My better half says that a lot.

12. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,760 / 258
  13. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Unfortunately Mata focuses on the negatives most of the time e.g the gloss was taken away from monday night's win will a silly thread. I applaud Mata on the article he's written and I've even go to the link to prop him up.

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    He's still evil.

15. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    No no no. Matas' reputation must now change from trouble making troubador to that of unheralded champion of the oppressed.

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Jatz, it's just a sneaky ploy to lull you into a false sense of security before the gathering storm. Look to the East brother, the darkness is gathering.

17. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    They're talking about the 'galloping' issue from monday's game on 2SM talkin sport now at5.20pm and all commentators are giving it to Gallop.

They all think Gallop and NRL are in the wrong and Gallop should not have said anything after Monday night apart from "wishing Brett well on his achievement great to see you back Brett".

18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    I like the expression, 'parlous reign' lol.
    What I am going to enjoy is seeing every try Brett scores this year being greeted by an ever increasing proportion of the crowd - both Manly and opposition - doing the giddy-up. It is hilarious, irreverent, absolutely justified, and tremendously light-hearted. It typifies the enjoyment our team is playing with, now that they have Brett back with them. A happy team is a very dangerous team, so go Brett and Manly, down with Gallop.

19. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    and he keeps going on about him bringing the game into disrepute,what has Todd carney done and only missed 2 games and how many chances has he had

20. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,760 / 258
    The "Giddy Up" should now be performed EVERY time Brettie scores by all Manly fans.....especially at away ganes when the TV camera's will be focused on them....get the message to everyone.