1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: George Rose set for return in WCC

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    <div class="article-header"> <div class="article-title">FORGOTTEN Manly prop George Rose admitted after being selected to revive his career in Sunday's World Club Challenge that he feared he would never even walk properly again. </div> </div> <p>Rose will play his first serious top grade game in 18 months since suffering a double compound fracture of the leg in a match against Melbourne - an injury which required two lengthy operations and could have ended his career. </p> <p>"When I looked at my leg two years ago, I was worried I wouldn't be able to walk properly let alone play," he said following his selection on the bench for the Elland Road clash with Leeds. </p> <p>"It's been such a long, hard road back, from walking to running, to changing direction. I had good days and bad days. The club signed other players and I was concerned that I wasn't in their plans. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/george-rose-set-for-return-in-wcc.html">Read the full article</a>

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Manly could have dumped this guy.  Many clubs would have.  Says it all about the club no matter what others say.  I hope he has a blinder and stakes his claim to be in the side permanently. 

3. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    George just had the ability to connect with the fans when he played, I guess it is just the sight of a guy being able to play NRL with a bit of gut that gave us all a bit of hope that maybe we too could have mixed it out on the field.

4. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    i never forgot about him... He was always the fourth or fifth prop.

5. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    It was just great to see him out there working hard last week. After the sight of him lying there with his leg going out at a crazy angle...tough buggers play this game.

6. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    yeah i was just thinking that how impossible does it feel to have somehting that broken be able to walk again let alone run at a competitive level.