News: Gentle giant Galuvao aims up for Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>WORKHORSE second-rower Joe Galuvao is a real journeyman of rugby league and will join his fifth NRL club when he commences summer training with the Sea Eagles in two weeks.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4363-gentle-giant-galuvao-aims-up-for-eagles.html">Read the full article</a>

Another Puff piece by Zorba. I nearly had to reach for the tissues when Joe said he always admired Manly.Yeah right he practically begged the eels to re-sign him

Totally agree Reyam - he said he'd come to Manly as his absolute last resort. The bloke can stick it up his arse as far as I'm concerned. He will have to EARN respect with brilliant performances....until then, he's just an over the hill  bum who'd prefer to play for Parramatta over Manly...

I hope he plays lots of Sunshine Coast footy.

Nonsense here. How he plays for us once he arrives will determine his success - nothis attitude before he arrives. The jury is out but he played well for the Slime in the semis and backed up a lot of breaks a la Beaver as well as doing the hard yards. You can hardly judge a guy for being loyal to his current club!!

Ryan link said:
I hope he plays lots of Sunshine Coast footy.

Why on earth would you say a stupid thing like that? Give the guy a chance before launching into him. BTW do you know that Joe G actually said that or was it media BS.

Joe probably would have liked to stay at Parramatta but it didn't work out that way and he's not the only player that has had to change clubs due to the salary cap.

You shoot off at the mouth and dump on Joe G and we're still got about 5 months before next seasons kick off.

Nope - screw him. He said what he said - now he has to earn respect. He's 31, talking about how his body is shot to pieces, and how he doesn't really want to be here.

And Canteen Worker. As you said, "How he plays for us once he arrives will determine his success". That's exactly what I'm saying.

Swoop - Joe publicly stated he specifically would prefer to not have to come to Manly due to travel, children, church etc...the reasons & excuses were flowing (some may be fair enough - I'm not suggesting otherwise). That's a far cry from wanting to remain at his specific club. BIG difference. Most players FIRST articles (look at classy articles from Heath Le'Strange and Glenn Hall as example) take any media opportunity to endear themselves to their new prospective future fans, whilst at the same time affirming their commitment to their current situation.

Therefore Joe shot HIS mouth off, and dumped on Manly 9 months before coming here. Please afford me that same luxury.

I know our lads will welcome him with open arms. I personally hope he has to EARN their respect as well.

Crap signing.

Ryan link said:
Swoop - Joe publicly stated he specifically would prefer to not have to come to Manly due to travel, children, church etc...the reasons & excuses were flowing (some may be fair enough - I'm not suggesting otherwise). That's a far cry from wanting to remain at his specific club. BIG difference. Most players FIRST articles (look at classy articles from Heath Le'Strange and Glenn Hall as example) take any media opportunity to endear themselves to their new prospective future fans, whilst at the same time affirming their commitment to their current situation.

Therefore Joe shot HIS mouth off, and dumped on Manly 9 months before coming here. Please afford me that same luxury.

I know our lads will welcome him with open arms. I personally hope he has to EARN their respect as well.

Crap signing.

He said he'd prefer not to travel, he didn't dump on Manly. He said he'd prefer to stay with the Eels because it was close to his home & kids, wouldn't anyone of us prefer to have a job close to home?

You'll already stated that he's a crap signing and has to earn your respect. Every player who comes to the club has to prove themselves, does Matt Cross have to earn you respect aswell or is it because he came without any media statement he's ok?

Why don't you wait as see how he goes before your write him off?

I do not care what he said previously, hopefully he plays well for us.  Ryan you seem to have taken it personally, its only footy.  Saying you hope ge plays alot of footy for the sunshine coast is just stupid, do you not want all our players to play well?

Can't see anything wrong with him saying he doesn't really want to leave. Most players want to leave on good terms, you rarely hear a player say "Yeah i cant wait to get out of here and go to Manly".

Leave your judgment until you see him play. I wrote off Kennedy, Rose, Robertson and Hall before they came to Manly and they all left me with egg on my face.
The coaching staff know what they're doing.

Pepi link said:
Can't see anything wrong with him saying he doesn't really want to leave. Most players want to leave on good terms, you rarely hear a player say \"Yeah i cant wait to get out of here and go to Manly\".

Leave your judgment until you see him play. I wrote off Kennedy, Rose, Robertson and Hall before they came to Manly and they all left me with egg on my face.
The coaching staff know what they're doing.
**** dood can u right big joe of too

i like your strike rate :)

Canteen Worker link said:
Nonsense here. How he plays for us once he arrives will determine his success - nothis attitude before he arrives. The jury is out but he played well for the Slime in the semis and backed up a lot of breaks a la Beaver as well as doing the hard yards. You can hardly judge a guy for being loyal to his current club!!

Don't ever mention Joe Gulavao and Menzies in the same breath again.

If Ryan declares a **** signing we normally have a good player on our hands so that is bloody good news :p

I remember the little fella ripping into Robbo prior to his arrival as well

Did he say these words to you personally Ryan ? Afterall, the papers are well known for putting their own slant on things mate. A few weeks back the papers were printing quotes from Bretts lawyer trying to paint him as guilty

Manly is my passion - so if you don't want to be here first and foremost all the time, your one of THEM, not one of ours - hehehehe...

Harsh I know...

I'll give him a few games to prove himself. One mistake though, or one game of making less than 200m+, he's stricken.

Nah, seriously though - I'll give the bloke ago. Still think he's a rubbish signing though.

As for Matt Cross. He'll be a regular 1st grader I reckon - when origin comes around, and if 3-4 real 1st grade props are injured.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=181979.msg245278#msg245278 date=1257512906]

Don't ever mention Joe Gulavao and Menzies in the same breath again.
[/quote]Point taken - noone approaches that lofty standard - though I was saying that he backed up in the style of the best!!!!

tbh i was dumping on his signing and thought it a bad move. now that the 09 season is behind us and i have had time to mellow, i think this us atually a very astute and valuable signing. Look at our side now, we need an older head and proven bull in our squad and he needs the opportunity that we are providing, this is a win win signing, and he is a bit of spark and experience we need.

You name me one other who was on the market at the time that would bring the same overall package that this bloke will.

I am happy for this post to be bookmarked and see whether I am wrong, but I will go on record that he is in our top 3 performances, week in week out.

Ryan as gone to extreme lengths to show his displeasure, getting his mate in the background of this shot to chase Galuvao around the jungle !! Will post the article up soon

3042318.jpg

That is Ryan in the background getting ready to do a nudie run.  Galuvao and the boys ran because they thought that it was a gorilla on heat judging by the size of his weapon. 

My wife oft calls me "The Silverback".

I'll leave that discussion well enough alone though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8