1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Galuvao OK to step aside for young Eagles

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Off-contract Manly backrower Joe Galuvao is adamant he's happy for the Sea Eagles to slow down his negotiations if it helps the club retain their bevy of young stars.

Read the full article

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,769 / 258
    Not only is he playing great, but he's a rarity in Rugby League....not just after number 1 (himself)...my opinion of this guy just went through thr roof!!

3. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
  4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Some fans never realised why we signed Joe. He is important to our culture. Oh yes, and by the way, he can also play the game.

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    He is a real quality part of our club. Even if we can't keep him on the park it would be nice if we could find something off the park for him. Guys like himself and Kite play a very big part behind the scenes with the younger members of the squad

6. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I read this earlier, what a bloody Champion!!!

7. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Would you say Big Joe's our version of Ruben Wiki?

I've heard that during Wiki's last years @ the Warriors the younger Maori's and Islander's he took them under his wing and more or less told them what was expected of them.

8. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    IMO he is worth a contract with how he is playing. He wont cost us a fortune, will be be great till someone like Cunningham is ready or we find another player ready to step up. Most importantly why wouldn't we sign him with the sort of footy he is playing.

9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    What a Champ! And all this selflessness from one of the real standouts in the side.

10. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Souths shafted him, as did the Eels and he didn't want to come here but the guy has been terrific for us and for him to come out as say what he has tells me that the club has a good culture.

Good onya Joe, players like you are are rarety and are welcome at the club, it's a pity we didn't sign youn 3 or 4 years ago.

11. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,554 / 32
    Joe's proven he's willing to put the teams interests before his own.Nice to see a bloke who shows some loyalty and is not just a mercenary.

12. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    What a champ! I hope he is running around again for us next year. He is playing great.

13. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Such a nood attitude. He's a champ

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Probably couldn't go that far, Wiki is like a good for the young islander boys

In our squad Kite will be a closer role to that, but Big Joe is a great influence

15. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Mercenary is how I describe JWH. Its now not hard to see Joe as more valuable to the side over the next 12 months that JWH would have been. Better financially too I would guesstimate !

16. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    What a credit guys like Big Joe are to the game. He deserves so much more for his contributions to the game over the years instead of some of the grubs running around these days. He's put himself into the Ben Kennedy class in my opinion. His time with Manly may be short but it will be memorable and go down as another club legend.

17. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    Amazing what a year makes!
    Last year, and the off-season, poor old Joe was lucky to keep his walking stick. Too old, too slow, too everything. This Forum wrote him off at every available chance!
    Six games into the season, it's "Look out Lordy - there's a bloke here who equals you!"
    Thank Gawd it's Easter!

Got hand it to the Coach, who believed in him and turned his footy career around and now we want to put him on the pedestal next to Ben Kennedy.

Don't get me wrong - I, too, reckon the guy is playing great footy.
    But let's not go overboard on the guy you guys wanted to crucify (pun intended) all last year.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Joe was always a tryer I wouldn't put him on the Cross level by any means

19. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Hopefully you will be getting a contract for next year too, Joe.