News: Gallop's "useful idiots"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Two weeks ago the entire national clutch of News Limited print publications gave an apology to Brett Stewart for the hurt and embarrassment caused to him by their “series of articles” about the police investigation into allegations of sexual assault made by a 17 year old girl against him.

Read the full article

On of your best mata
I would suggest emailing it to Danny weilder i think fairfax will jump all over it.

Working for a major australian retailer, we are educated over and over and over again that if you ever see anybody hurt themselves, if you ever make a mistake that causes harm, NEVER EVER SAY SORRY.

Appolagising admits fault and that is clearly what Gallop is trying to avoid. He may well know he is wrong and Brett may have a case against him, but asking for one is futile. He just will not get it, it would only benefit Bretts lawsuit.

Well I used to work for a multi-national and all staff were empowered and instructed to apologise when a mistake is made. I guess it depends on your corporate culture, hey?

The amazing thing about Fitzsimons is that he apparently (more or less) agreed at a function, whilst in discussion with Wendy Harmer, that Stewart had suffered more than enough. A few weeks ago in his Saturday column, he mentioned Stewart and said what a terrible time Stewart had endured over the last couple of years. Of course the irony is not lost on anyone on this forum that Peter F was one of the worst slanderers of Stewart's reputation.

And now Fitzsimons' latest foray into the Stewart saga. Please, please, Peter Peters - take careful, measured but devastating aim at this contemptible clown in your upcoming columns/ radio show. Give him both barrels - about his backflips, lack of knowledge of what actually happened and of course lack of an apology.

I had several email exchanges with Fitzsimons two years ago regarding this business. I was left in no doubt that he considered Stewart was not only 'drunk' but had also committed the sexual assault.

Fitzsimons may be a big man physically, but he remains a small man in terms of ethical stature.

And imagine if this goose Gallop gets the top job on the independent commision

Wont be independent for too long will it........

Probably, which just shows it is a creation of News Ltd and not something built on merit.

DSM5, does this article get the summation from Bellew correct?

Matabele said:
Well I used to work for a multi-national and all staff were empowered and instructed to apologise when a mistake is made. I guess it depends on your corporate culture, hey?

I would agree with that Mata.

I suspect my employers "take at all costs" approach to business is very similar to that of News Limited.

Sad really because ive been in situations where an appology is warranted. Its a sad reflection of the human race, but then so is corporation.

The reason many large Companies and I believe in the case of one D Gallup, don't apologise is for fear of being subsequently sued. John Howard didn't want to apologise (rightly or wrongly I'm not taking sides here) to the stolen generation because he feared it would lead to many many claims.

Gallup won't ever apologise.

This is one of the most intelligent articles I have read on the topic (there isn't much competition though!).

Well done Mata. Keep up the good fight.

Ralphie said:
The reason many large Companies and I believe in the case of one D Gallup, don't apologise is for fear of being subsequently sued. John Howard didn't want to apologise (rightly or wrongly I'm not taking sides here) to the stolen generation because he feared it would lead to many many claims.

Gallup won't ever apologise.

I believe Gallop is a reactionary fool, and if enough pressure is bought to bear he might. He always does what is expedient, not what is right.

Matabele said:
I believe Gallop is a reactionary fool, and if enough pressure is bought to bear he might. He always does what is expedient, not what is right.

If enough pressure is bought to bear he will. It just has to be on the company that employs him rather then the person.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6