News: Galaxy of stars left in limbo

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
<div class="push-0 span-11 last">
<div class="articleBody">
<p>FORTY-TWO players with Test and/or State of Origin experience remain unsigned for next year as the league world awaits the fallout from the Melbourne salary cap investigation.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4935-galaxy-of-stars-left-in-limbo.html">Read the full article</a>

Mason linked with manly and a few other club? Steve Bell back on the market, will he be back with us if we lose Mattai.

Some of these players in the article have got to realise that clubs have only a certain amount of cash to spend under the cap and they may be left without a club if they hold back for the big dollars.

Nathan Gardiner is a guy that I would love at Manly. All the love for Josh Dugan is a mystery to me

Steve Bell would be a very good signing.  He's old, but has a very good defensive game. 

He'd still be able to match it in a foot race with our current three quarter line. Hang on, even DSM could do that!

I believe this is why manly are holding back from the matai offer. When its established exactly who from Melbourne needs to be moved on, it will have ripple effects to other clubs. What happens if we sign matai today, then tomorrow it comes out that cronk has to leave Melbourne and would have preferred to come to manly but now we can't afford him? We would all be outraged. The warriors offer isn't going anywhere, just be patient Stevie.

If thats true clon, we can't expect Matai to be loyal while being used as leverage for other contracts.

And at the same time he'd want to get his name on the dotted line before the cashed up kiwis have access to the melbourne fallout.

Flip, I dont think the Warriors are interested in any of the Storm's big 4..could you see Slater, Cronk, Inglis or Smith playing for them? Matai is their man, and they will pay 300-350 a year for him. Their offer won't disappear

Gazza link said:
Flip, I dont think the Warriors are interested in any of the Storm's big 4..could you see Slater, Cronk, Inglis or Smith playing for them? Matai is their man, and they will pay 300-350 a year for him. Their offer won't disappear

The warriors are also after Blair and I think Lima or Manu.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2