News: Fuming Hasler on razor's edge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY coach Des Hasler's recent heated criticisms of NRL officials have him skating on thin ice.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4702-fuming-hasler-on-razors-edge.html">Read the full article</a>

sounds like the biggest problem is referee's and officials letting their giant ego's in the way of running the game.
It doesn't help when these jerk offs think they are above being criticised for doing a **** job.

The problem is that not all refs would have done the same thing, ,most wont bin someone unless its inside the 20 off a break.

Personally i think the ref got it right but they miss so many others.

See I don't think it deserved a penalty it was 100% milked. He didn't make an attempt to stand he just jumped straight over, Farrar had already let go.

Not to mention it was a Dominant tackle and as such he should have been allowed more time to stand up.

Dan link said:
See I don't think it deserved a penalty it was 100% milked. He didn't make an attempt to stand he just jumped straight over, Farrar had already let go.

Not to mention it was a Dominant tackle and as such he should have been allowed more time to stand up.

Yep, it was the a repeat of the farcical reffing we got in the second half of the Parra game. A set understanding through the game on tackle times, and later in the game a team gets a roll on and it is suddenly a new set of rules.

Give it to them Des! I said this has been the worst standard I have seen over the last two decades and club officials are right to question the quality we are getting.

It seems very ridiculous that no one should be able to question the referees. That is just a joke. Sure there may be a time and a place but they are not doing a good enough job and as such should be moved on.

I dont see why we cant go back to one ref this 2 ref **** still isnt working

I have no problem with the sin-binning.

My problem is that he fell for the milking in the first place. Once the penalty had been given, it was a professional foul.

Just like round 1 with the Tigpies, take a dive against Manly & it'll pay off. 

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182951.msg258397#msg258397 date=1270687416]

Yep, it was the a repeat of the farcical reffing we got in the second half of the Parra game. A set understanding through the game on tackle times, and later in the game a team gets a roll on and it is suddenly a new set of rules.

Give it to them Des! I said this has been the worst standard I have seen over the last two decades and club officials are right to question the quality we are getting.
[/quote]

Agree and agree. The ref got milked like a big uddered Jersey and then compounded his stupidity by panicking and sin binning Farrar.

The probably is the lack of accountabilty
if you hear harrigan every monday on talkin sport
he makes excuse after excuse after excuse.

I had a boss several years ago that said to me if a person is not smart enough to addmit theres a problem they wont be smart enough to fix it, tbh that sums up the refs atm.

I dont get the bagging of finch while harrigan gets off scott free, you can see these guys are all mini harrigans with egos bigger than the ingoal areas.

I heard harrigan say how they perpare to referee certain teams and do their homework on certain players, to me that reeks of having pre concieved thoughts about teams and players when they should call the game on its merits.

Agreed Cambo they should be going into every single game and reffing it on it's merits not on what player have done in the past.

Cambo link said:
I dont get the bagging of finch while harrigan gets off scott free, you can see these guys are all mini harrigans with egos bigger than the ingoal areas.

I agree that the current batch of refs too much ego like harrigan but finch is the refs boss. He has failed for years after having years to improve the quality of the refereeing. He is responsible.

Finch reminds me of a government bureaucrat. Creates issues to seemingly solve, is lazy, ineffectual, and in denial.

The bit I have a problem with is
Finch said it had now become common for the Sea Eagles coach to criticise referees.
This reeks of bias. Des has only ever made comment when there has been a big problem and given what has happened he has every right to 'say what is bleeding obvious'. It certainly isn't whingeing and Finch would be much better off trying to fix his own 'house' than make comment re Desmond and Manly.

Des' comments on referees have come after last year's Titans debacle and this years' Eels debacle.  He was spot on both times.  If he gets fined, he should challenge it as a denial of the freedom to express a legitimate and truthful opinion.

Well done Des - give it to them both barrels.

It just goes to show that the game is played by professionals and run by amateurs.

Ever since Finch Senior has taken over the refs it has gone backwards in fact it has become twice as bad in the last two seasons.  Maybe we should offer Finch Junior a contract when he finishes his stint with Melbourne this year.  Put him on the bench as a utility player and then we may get a fair shake from the refs.

With regard to referees doing homework on how to referee certain players.  I don't know about players but feel that the teams are treated differently. 

In my opinion, the following teams never seem to be penalised regardless:

Melbourne, Roosters & Brisbane

These teams seem only to be penalised in extreme cases:

Tigers, Souths, St George Illawarra, Parramatta & Bulldogs

The following appear to be penalised if they do something wrong:

Newcastle, Warriors, Cronulla, Titans, Penrith, Canberra & Cowboys

And of course lastly.  This team seems to get penalised when they run out on the field they seem to have to wear penalties if the other team does something wrong.

Manly

I heard Harrigan say on talkin' sport a few weeks ago that he always had a problem refereeing Tooves.  No wonder every 50/50 or even 60/40 calls goes against us.  All these Harrigan clones just want to sure up their phony baloney jobs and keep their boss happy.

Des's comments are well warranted and any coach should have the right to comment on potentially game altering refereeing decisions.
I think the milking penalties rubbish is getting a bit out of hand. I know that all teams are guilty of it. Some worse than others, the Tigers are full of it.
When a player has been hit with a heavy tackle all he needs to do is throw himself on the ground as the guys (defense) are getting back up and the whistle is blown. Not good.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4