1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News from the Airport

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I was out at the International Terminal today to pick up some friends. I found myself watching the Australian Schoolboys Rugby Team arrive at the same time - some very big boys plus the best young player to arrive on the scene in years in Kurtley Beale, a 16 yr old Aboriginal who attends St Joseph's College.

What makes this relevant to a Manly site is that Blocker Roach was there waiting to collect his son Daniel who was also in the Aussie Team. Massive boy and a kid who I know happened to complain about having to sit next to him on the plane - very squeezy. Blocker was there waiting with another son who was wearing a Manly training singlet (also a huge boy and looked about 15.) Good to see the son wearing the Manly gear - though the son didn't look too appreciative when I said "Go Manly".

I was surprised as to how big Blocker is now - he is huge - and seemed very proud of his son.

It is worth mentioning that the son of Phil Daley (Manly Premiership team in 1987 and of course Doug Daley was grandfather) was also in the Aust Schoolboy Rugby team, though based on the Gold Coast or Brisbane.

The Aussie boys beat England and Ireland, though lost to Wales. Earlier in the year they lost to the junior All Blacks by a few points. I say again - these guys were huge!!!!

2. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    His younger son is also a prop at Riverview, and is reportedly going to be even bigger and better than his older brother!

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Good to see them playing a civilised game.

4. The Fonz

The Fonz Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it civilised to stomp on someone is it?

5. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    It is if they are a politician, lawyer or radical feminist ! :twisted:

6. The Fonz

The Fonz Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Ask Adam McDougall.

8. The Fonz

The Fonz Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tooves shouldn't of put his head where Mcdougall was about to put his foot!