1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Foran is Origin class

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, May 23, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    NSW Origin great Brett Kenny has been so impressed by Manly’s Kieran Foran he would have picked him as Blues five-eighth if he had not already declared his allegiance to New Zealand.

Read the full article

2. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,805 / 53
    Agree 100%. I seem to be in the minority but think Soward will go missing on Wednesday. Foz would never let NSW down if he was there.

3. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    So with this article do people think that he should be allowed to play for NSW? If they have spent most of their time here why not?

4. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Make no mistake about Soward. He is there for one reason only and thats to kick, kick and kick.

5. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    not yet.

I still think that Foran is 1 year away. I think the speed of origin will gas him out in 60 minutes.

Soward has been good for a few years, has speed to burn, kicks, kicks and kicks![hr]
    not yet

6. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    He's a kiwi man. He can't play origin

7. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Imagine the sides if Kiwi players were allowed to play

8. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    The speed gets everyone in origin. The players that can go for the 80 minutes are those with ticker who can push themselves when they are out of gas and I reckon Foran's got that in bucketloads.

9. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Why not? Queensland did it with Tonie Carroll. Unless they have since changed the rules, all that he would have to do is change his allegiance to Australia as from memory, that's all that Tonie Carroll did.

10. Seaeagle63

Seaeagle63 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Because Foran has sworn his allegiance to the Kiwis in the Test Arena, that makes him ineligible to play SOO.

If he reverses that down the track then yes he can play SOO but will be ineligible to play Tests for the Kiwis.

Bit of a Catch 22 for him.

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Craig Greenhill played Origin and then a few weeks later played for the Kiwis!

12. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Didn`t stop the queenslanders from picking Adrian Lam PNG... i reckon NSW should try & give it a shot just to stir the pot.. i don`t know maybe his great ,great grand ma was aussie or some shIIt like that..

13. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Akuila Uate is from Fiji and played for them in a World Cup Cycle (Pacific Cup in 2009) in doing such shouldn't be considered for NSW.

14. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Jethro well done, i was trying to think of the other guy of course CARROLL, what about that other guy also brad THORN.. he has played for the All Blacks now as well as Kangaroo`s & QLD, i just cant remember him playing for NZ rugby league national team..[hr]
    Obviously QLD dont rate him because they would have thrown a tantrum about it by now , & also when they have already stolen Greg Inglis from us plus others. They might have turned a blind eye to this Fijian.. if we win the series & he goes well all 3 games could be different story next year

15. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Nah Thorn has never played League for the Kiwis, but yeah hes done the rest of it and gone back and forth a squilliontimes

16. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    I know he is a kiwi, so does Bert Kenny

17. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Craig Greenhill? Are you sure you don't mean Craig Smith? He played for QLD in the no Super League players series but didn't play for NZ til the following year and never played for QLD again.

18. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I knew it was Craig someone

19. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    You worded your post as if you didn't know

20. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Here's one to think about there is a loop hole in the system at the moment (well the way I see it). Origin is supposedly seen as a selection tool for Australia (we all know it hasn't really effected who get's picked anymore for Australia)and as such should have to play under International Rules (but the thing is it's played under NRL rules which are vastly different from International Rules i.e two referee's.) Now this might take some backbone from the RLIF to go up against Australia in the boardroom but they should not recognize the last three series and subsequent that way the likes of Uate, Costigan could play SoO and also International's for there home countries