News: Foran expects brief taste at top level

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Manly teenager Kieran Foran will make his rugby league Test debut for New Zealand on Saturday fully expecting to be dropped after just one game.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4366-foran-expects-brief-taste-at-top-level.html">Read the full article</a>

I think Kieren is right after his debut. To be fair to him he was playing in the centres, but he badly mistimed the defense twice that resulted in tries and was yanked in the second half. Hopefully that will help us retain him.

Sad to say but he had a shocker. I will go as far to say the worse debut in international rugby league since poor old Paul Hauff. Even though he is a Manly player and I support him in our jumper I say he got what he desrved, he took a place of a young Aussie in the School boys and then turned his back on the system that spent all it's time and money on him. As I have said before the Kiwi rugby league team is becoming like the English cricket team and the Wallabies they pick anyone with any link to the country. Before everyone jumps on me and say's he is a Kiwi he was born there, I have no problem with that I'm just sick and tide of these players that sponge of the system when they have no intention of representing Australia

I agree with Mayer on this one!!  Shocking debut - he was not ready and to think that he kept Inu out of the team is a joke. Conspiracy says that Kearney picked him to up his price so that clubs would pay overs to sign him.

More like he picked him top play this match because it now means he cant play for Australia or the state origin sides. So he has a potenial star lined up and locked up.

deadlyeagle link said:
More like he picked him top play this match because it now means he cant play for Australia or the state origin sides. So he has a potenial star lined up and locked up.
            Spot on they did the same thing with Chase Stanley, don't get me wrong if they want to play for NZ good luck to them but don't lie so you can get an Aussie schoolboys jersey or even a Junior Kangaroos side and then because it is easier and quicker to get in to international football with NZ then turn your back on the people who support you.

Australian Schoolboys is for kids who go to school in Australia.  Where they end up playing senior footy has no relevance with the school boys side and nor should it. 

Garts is correct, I don't know if Foran played for the Junior Kangaroo's or not, but all I have ever heard from both of the brothers, and this was long before his NRL debut, is that they wanted to play for the Kiwis

I didn't see Paul Hauff's debut but the worst i have personally seen is Darren Lockyer's 1st match for Oz, he was horrendous

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Garts is correct, I don't know if Foran played for the Junior Kangaroo's or not, but all I have ever heard from both of the brothers, and this was long before his NRL debut, is that they wanted to play for the Kiwis

I didn't see Paul Hauff's debut but the worst i have personally seen is Darren Lockyer's 1st match for Oz, he was horrendous
            Yep no problem. As for hauff's debut trust me it was a shocker and it destroyed his career much like poor old Steve Mavin for Souths in a semi-final.If he was before your time ask someone about his semi-final meltdown.
Cheers 

hehe Steve Mavin brings back memories.

dragged, showered, changed and on his way home all before half time :)

for anyone that hates Souths that was awesome...

I think I may have seen some vision of Mavin but can't quite recall it fully. Paul Hauff was the Qld FB about the time I started watching footy

Mavin - that was total disaster. The Raiders racked up about 20 points in as many minutes, all courtesy of him.

This thread reminds me of the Bulldog effort against the Raiders in the Grand Final around 1993 - in which Bella knocked on from the kick-off.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2