News: Fix sprinklers or we leave Brookie, warns Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>FURIOUS Sea Eagles CEO Graham Lowe is threatening to shift future National Rugby League games away from Brookvale Oval after the ground’s sprinkler system sprung a leak on Saturday night.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4889-fix-sprinklers-or-we-leave-brookie-warns-lowe.html">Read the full article</a>

Interesting retoric from Lowe, combined with the other article it suggests to me that the relationship with WSC is strained.

Isnt the relationship with everyone in warringah and he council strained?

It could be worse, you could be under Fraser Coast council and stuck in the 1940's

In business one should never make a threat unless you're prepared to go through with it should your bluff be called.  Is Lowe seriously considering leaving Brookvale because of a burst sprinkler head? 

I dont think it's a threat so much Matas rather than, the NRL will not allow them to continue to play there anyway. It becomes a safety hazard and an OH&S issue for the MWSE assets

So the sprinklers malfunctioned. It happens. The Council has committed to repair it. The banter reminds me of the three Amigos of Telstra and the Federal government. Everyone knows who will win and that sort of talk does absolutely nothing for forging a good working relationship.

ManlyBacker link said:
So the sprinklers malfunctioned. It happens. The Council has committed to repair it. The banter reminds me of the three Amigos of Telstra and the Federal government. Everyone knows who will win and that sort of talk does absolutely nothing for forging a good working relationship.
  Exactly.  Coming out swinging with empty rhetoric sevres noone's interests.  The burst could have easily happened at the Olympic Stadium - it doesn't need to be trawled through the press with big threats. 

& where the fuk we going to go??????????????? this guy cant even find pens for sign ons hows going to find us another venue..  he should just shut the fuk up & stop causing problems for the sea eagles..

jjai link said:
& where the fuk we going to go??????????????? this guy cant even find pens for sign ons hows going to find us another venue..  he should just shut the fuk up & stop causing problems for the sea eagles..
Rat Park. 

the warringah council will be saying " ahhhh  so all we had to do to get rid of the sea eagles was tamper with their  sprinkler system".. then they will be spending that government handout on new cars  rather than upgrading brookie..

jjai link said:

SFS or Bluetongue

Preferably the 1st option

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183672.msg268329#msg268329 date=1277165803]

SFS or Bluetongue

[/quote].. so every home game is like an away game  :-[
sharing it with dogs ,souths, tigers &  roosters..  atleast the rent wouldnt be as high..

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183672.msg268329#msg268329 date=1277165803]
& where the fuk we going to go??????????????? this guy cant even find pens for sign ons hows going to find us another venue..  he should just shut the fuk up & stop causing problems for the sea eagles..

SFS or Bluetongue

[/quote]

As a season ticket holder, I find Lowes comments, and your suggestions both frustrating, and disappointing.....but I'm getting used to that from ol' Lowey.

TBH Ryan SFS would be the only real viable option for us. The Central Coast public wouldn't come out and support us meaning our attendance for the year would drop significantly.

Ideally if we do shift I think something like this would be good idea -
8 games at the SFS
4 games at Brookie against Traditional Rivals (Parra, Wests, Canterbury and Cronulla)

Seriously guys we need to be doing all we can to stay local, don't understand why people would suggest SFS or Blue Tongue.

The team is MANLY WARRINGAH Sea Eagles, we need to be playing in the area.

I believe crowd numbers would suffer if we went to a ground outside the area, perhaps Manly Oval or Rat Park could be an alternative, not sure what these have as crowd capacity though.

I for one prefer a 10 minute walk to an hour long drive or bus trip to go see my local team.

Manly Oval is around 7000 and Rat Park is 10,000. Seating is small and both just won't do the job. North Sydney Oval can hold around 20,000 and would be the closest.

Lowe will see we start playing some home games on Sunshine Coast before his time is done at Manly.

I share Lowe's frustration with the council. They get big bucks from us as the main lessee and there hasn't been much given in return. What was rated as the Top suburban ground in 1976 is now a major embarrassment. Successive state and federal grants have been given to other clubs with little for Manly in comparison, though obviously scoreboard, lights and stand upgrades have taken place.

One should not make threats but it seems as if he is trying to gain public opinion to his side, though many would see this as a empty one. The hysteria about Manly moving anywhere can't happen with board and club approval and won't happen.

The best case scenario would be an upgraded ground at Brookvale - I am disappointed that noone in power seems to rate the ground as culturally significant as the spiritual home of the only professional club between the Harbour and Newcastle.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4