News: Five Eagles take flight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Manly's 2008 NSW snubbing appears to be a distant memory with the Sea Eagles boasting five members in the Blues side announced for State of Origin II on Monday night.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3983-five-eagles-take-flight.html">Read the full article</a>

Read: Bellamy is terrified Manly may make semis so has ensured 5 top players are unavailable for Manly and none unavailable for Canberra.

Well there goes our season.  I just hate and loath these games.  They prove nothing and distract from the real deal.  Picking all these guys is just silly.  Choc will drop the ball and drop off tackles, Lyon is just not fit, Kite's form just doesn't warrant a call up and Stewart is not firing on all cylinders.  D Williams has had one good game.  Stupid selections really.  Smacks of desperation. 

Rex link said:
Read: Bellamy is terrified Manly may make semis so has ensured 5 top players are unavailable for Manly and none unavailable for Canberra.

Normally you would bank these two points, what amazes me is that they ignored us when we were leading the comp by a county mile but we get half the team in when we are out of the Top 8

I love SOO. I haven't loved the result recently but I will look forward to it more knowing 5 of ours are in the game. Bring it on.

SOO hasnt been the same since the 90's and maybe early 00's it's just not entertaining anymore. Perhaps that has to do with how we are playing, but I use to look forward to Origin all year, now its just another game I get to watch in the middle of the week

Dan link said:
SOO hasnt been the same since the 90's and maybe early 00's it's just not entertaining anymore. Perhaps that has to do with how we are playing, but I use to look forward to Origin all year, now its just another game I get to watch in the middle of the week

Super League completely stuffed it all for me. It just hasn't been the same.

I do love SOO and it will be more exciting with a few Manly players in the team. Club football is way more important to me though, so I really hope the under-strength  Eagles can get the two points over Canberra. The logic of not picking Eagles for 07/08 origins but selecting them in 09 will always baffle me.

Course, the big NRL news is the Manly Sea Eagles equal highest number of players of any team in 2009 State Of Origin 2.

From The Australian Newspaper yesterday..

[img=400x255]http://www.overclockers.com.au/pix/image.php?id=cbgdt&t=1[/img]

Yea!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4