News: Fans hand out a $25m war chest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Care:  They would burn you at the stake Ryan.

Once my family commitments lessen I will be up for one of the Qld tours.

The Wheel link said:
Care:  They would burn you at the stake Ryan.

Might join you on one of those Geoff. It'll give me a chance to say hello to the newly weds !!

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=182472.msg252523#msg252523 date=1266999561]

[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182472.msg252517#msg252517 date=1266997229]

Welcome eagles2win (Ant80) to the darkside (Silvertails). We're a bunch of sh-it stirrers here so don't take anything to heart that may sound offensive and don't take any notice of the Karma applaud/smite counts.  They are only there for a bit of fun.

Jethro link said:
Hey guys, can you please tone down the racial comments that some of you have been making.  I'm not indigenous but I do have family who are part indigenous and some of your comment can be considered as offensive. The colour of your skin should mean nothing. It's the person inside that counts. There are good and bad in all races. Thank-you for your consideration. :)

hmmm
[/quote]

You can hmmm all that you like Volley.

There is a big difference between doing a bit of sh-it stirring and making racial comments.  Racial comments can get the poster (and possibly this site) in a bit of sh-it.  As I said at the time, I am not indigenous but I do have family who are part indigenous so the racial comments that were being made were getting a little too close to home for my liking so I requested people to tone it down (and take note that it was a request and at no time did I tell anyone).
[/quote]

I know some fat people, should I get offended at fat jokes? I was friends with a gay bloke until he told me he was gay, should I take offence at gay jokes?

You know some people who are part indigenous? Seems you're pretty easily offended if you were offended in that All Stars thread, but yet you tell old mate to not take offence to anything.

Yeah SeaEagleRock8, named after the greatest shoe of all time. Shame it's not a name as original as yours though. You needed to add the 8 because SeaEagleRock1 through to 7 was already taken.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182472.msg252530#msg252530 date=1267002786]

[quote author=Volley link=topic=182472.msg252523#msg252523 date=1266999561]

[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182472.msg252517#msg252517 date=1266997229]

Welcome eagles2win (Ant80) to the darkside (Silvertails). We're a bunch of sh-it stirrers here so don't take anything to heart that may sound offensive and don't take any notice of the Karma applaud/smite counts.  They are only there for a bit of fun.

Jethro link said:
Hey guys, can you please tone down the racial comments that some of you have been making.  I'm not indigenous but I do have family who are part indigenous and some of your comment can be considered as offensive. The colour of your skin should mean nothing. It's the person inside that counts. There are good and bad in all races. Thank-you for your consideration. :)

hmmm
[/quote]

You can hmmm all that you like Volley.

There is a big difference between doing a bit of sh-it stirring and making racial comments.  Racial comments can get the poster (and possibly this site) in a bit of sh-it.  As I said at the time, I am not indigenous but I do have family who are part indigenous so the racial comments that were being made were getting a little too close to home for my liking so I requested people to tone it down (and take note that it was a request and at no time did I tell anyone).
[/quote]

I know some fat people, should I get offended at fat jokes? I was friends with a gay bloke until he told me he was gay, should I take offence at gay jokes?

You know some people who are part indigenous? Seems you're pretty easily offended if you were offended in that All Stars thread, but yet you tell old mate to not take offence to anything.

Yeah SeaEagleRock8, named after the greatest shoe of all time. Shame it's not a name as original as yours though. You needed to add the 8 because SeaEagleRock1 through to 7 was already taken.
[/quote]

You may know some fat people and some gay people but are they family?  Like I said earlier, I have family who are part indigenous.  I see that we have different values as far as family is concerned.  I stick up for family but obviously you wouldn't stick up for part of yours it would seem.  Anyway, you have a good day.  I will no longer respond to you on the subject.  Go Manly ! ! !

byso link said:
Maybe you should of placed your comment in that thread then. 

Byso, I did comment in that thread but Volley pulled a comment from that thread and posted it in this thread and I was responding to his post in this thread.

The Wheel link said:
Care:  They would burn you at the stake Ryan.

Can you wait another 20 years?

Volley link said:

haha all true of course. Although the real reason is I wanted to bring a SER8'd edge to these forum discussions...

Our QLD tours are now in the "legendary" status. The atmosphere from bay 317 at Suncorp and the away supporters bay at Skilled Park in 2009 was beyond imagination. They are not the best place to watch the game but the chanting, singing, screaming and yelling make them (almost) even better than a home game at Brookvale. And the pre and post match get togethers / functions are a fantastic way to meet people (face to face not like on here although I have met Clon, Berkely Eagle and Manlybacker) and really feel like you are a part of the Sea Eagle "army". Some of you may not like the name "Travelling Supportahs" but through this concept Vidmar and I have brought together hundreds and hundreds of people and now when we go to away games for the first time there are legions of fans attending. The players themselves said they had never seen such support at Melbourne as they did last year and for the first time ever we are moving almost 60 people (and growing every day) to New Zealand for our Easter tour.

So we'd LOVE to have more of the Silvertails on board, wether in be QLD (Cowboys is coming up and Gold Coast is the June long weekend), New Zealand or anywhere for that matter we'll have you covered.

I wish I was going Mark, and will one day.  Wedding bells on the Saturday following so I'm up to my eyeballs in preparations.  Saturday wedding so not to miss the Monday's game.  Cheers to all going to NZ, and please someone, an extensive summary, especially on the half situation would be most appreciated.

As I say EVERYONE is welcome (even Ryan), despite the online banter that erupts on here, as Clontago will confirm we are a decent bunch of people who have one single passion, and I hope you all make it along one day MUCH more fun than the slanging matches online.

We don't have a suncorp game this year do we?

I might come down for the titans one though

Correct Dan, Sadly no game at Suncorp.
The game at Skilled is scheduled for the weekend of 11-14th June (long weekend)
Cheers
Vidmar

I will have Sate of Origin packages for Brisbane as well, BUT you'll need to buy my package as a whole to get the ticket, that means one night hotel and ticket.

I was chatting to the Titans membership manager at an NRL members forum at Moore Park late last year and he was telling me they are amazed at the number of Manly fans that rock up to Skilled for the game and especially the noise they make in supporting the team.

The Robina Tavern (Manly Central) was a sea of maroon and white pre-game and a fantastic atmosphere there and at the game (Just a shame the ref spoiled the show)

As Mark mantioned, there are more and more people getting together to support the team and from a small nucleus the numbers have grown incredibly which is great.

The supporters bus that travels from the leagues club has been a great catalyst  in allowing locals to get to the local away games and there has even been the great Manly romance with Jen and Andrew (A WCC tourist) meeting on the bus and now "moving in together"

At $60 (You need to be a member to have that price) it works out at less than a tenner return to most away game (Excludes places like MLB, Woolongong and Newcastle but includes Cronulla, Penrith, Homebush, Parra and the SFS ) so is great value and a lot of fun.

The MWTS posts that I put on here and on mwse.com.au before each game let people know of the groups plan and the club have been great in co-ordinating with the home team to advise us of a section of the ground to head to so that we can watch the game together.

I've met some great people via the travel group and all are welcomed

Not long until game time and really really looking forward to the season

Vidmar

So Vidmar any hints on the big annoucement today at 1.00 PM? Feel free to email/sms me if required.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I will have Sate of Origin packages for Brisbane as well, BUT you'll need to buy my package as a whole to get the ticket, that means one night hotel and ticket.

Any idea of cost Mark for the Origin package??

Will definitely be down for the Titans game, especially after the madness that will be the Auckland trip

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6