1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Expect an ambush says Hasler

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    SEA Eagles coach Des Hasler has warned his players to expect an ambush in Monday’s clash with traditional rivals Parramatta at Brookvale Oval.

Read the full article

2. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Not being cocky, but Des would come out an publicly say he's worried about coming up against the Belrose U6's.

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Well he'd be foolish to say any different - and foolish he aint.

4. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    He only says stuff like that for the players benefit, so they dont lose their intensity.
    He didnt need to say it last week did he? because the players knew the opposition is up there with them,its more for the players so they dont think it will be an easy one.

5. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Des is not blowing smoke here - this will be a tough game, no doubt about it.

This team is tough, and can beat anyone if they are on - the 09 streak was evidence of that, and what more motivation would they need than to play Manly at home.

I also will never forget that semi between Parra and Melbourne in 07, I know the team has changed a lot since then, but was one of the most savage and high quality games I had seen in years.

If Manly win by one point with everyone healthy at fulltime, I'd sign for that right now.

NYEagle

6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    If you take anyone lightly in this comp you'll get beaten. Although I don't think Des is worried about as much the Eels playing out of their skins, its our blokes not taking them seriously and possibly looking too far forward at the Dragons game.

7. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +204 / 6
    They drew with Dragons last week so I'm sure we have to keep focus and not get complacent

8. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    well I guess they do have a gun crime problem out west...maybe fui fui's packin heat.

9. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Or maybe he's on heat?

10. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Have you seen Belrose U6's team!
    I reckon there over the cap (of a bag of red frog's and a can of soft drink)

11. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Lol. Looks like Des was right.