News: Eels enter race to lure Hopoate from Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's curious logic Matas. Last time I looked John was not William. And if someone offered $100k more than Manly? $200k? If it was your kid would you tell him to sign up for whatever was offered by Manly without negotiating and without considering counter offers? Even Beaver listened to counter offers, and considered them before rejecting them.

According to Ryan it seems the CEO's job description is now to be a talent scout who talent scouts better than all other professional talent scouts. A crystal baller. Who we sign and when and for how much now has nothing really to do with the likes of Cleal and Hasler or their competitors. And player managers' jobs are now to get their players to sign up for unders at worst possible times.

If Snake was not injured Hoppa would never have been under the spotlight and we would have resigned him with ease. Its amazing as Hoppa is the talk of Rugby League atm. So much for under the radar lol.

I really hope we can keep young Hoppa. I think he's going to be very important to the club for many years to come if he stays. To fill in for someone like Snake and to play so well shows just what a talent he is.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Free to a good home. Like new condition. One previous owner. Low mileage. Shows some talent. Goes by the name: T-Rex. (Heart not included)

Parra.. We'll give you T-Rex back, and I'll personally throw $20 bucks in, out of my own pocket.

Ps - Keep your ****ing hands off Hoppa! JERKS!

I think given enough time this season T-Rex will be a real weapon off the bench..

It's a shame that we have so many up and coming stars....

If it came down to it, i'd rather keep Hoppa over T-Rex, but we finally have the chance to play T-Rex in the position we bought him for and we might have to lose him....

What a crap dilemma..

stoodamire said:
I think given enough time this season T-Rex will be a real weapon off the bench..

It's a shame that we have so many up and coming stars....

If it came down to it, i'd rather keep Hoppa over T-Rex, but we finally have the chance to play T-Rex in the position we bought him for and we might have to lose him....

What a crap dilemma..

"..given enough time..". Fairdinkum?! Shall we draw up another contract and wait.. While we say good-bye to genuine talent such as Oldfield/Buhrer? To be honest, he's not good for the team's structure. For one, he's too lazy.. And can't read offence. I can't wait to see the end of him!

Masked Eagle said:
I think people are delusionsal if they think Hoppa will stay with us soley because he's a junior and his old man played for us. I also don't think it helps one bit his old man that is involved in his management group. Hoppa is no different to every other young NRL player wishing to make their mark in the competition, they want to be rewarded financially and they also want to play first grade. Those that think he will be happy to go back and spend another year in the 2nds because he's young when other clubs are offering him bucket loads of money and a guaranteed position in first grade in a spot of his choosing really are off with the fairies.

I hope & pray that we get this deal done with him, but until its signed I seriously hope the "nothing to worry about" attitude displayed by a few people here isn't supported by the management staff. Opposition clubs will be doing their best to take him and to think our offer is going to be close to the best in terms of dollars and promises is wishful thinking.

You're spot on. I agree with everything you said. Further to that young Will wont have any say. He will trust his dad and do whatever John tells him to.

Masked Eagle said:
I think people are delusionsal if they think Hoppa will stay with us soley because he's a junior and his old man played for us. I also don't think it helps one bit his old man that is involved in his management group. Hoppa is no different to every other young NRL player wishing to make their mark in the competition, they want to be rewarded financially and they also want to play first grade. Those that think he will be happy to go back and spend another year in the 2nds because he's young when other clubs are offering him bucket loads of money and a guaranteed position in first grade in a spot of his choosing really are off with the fairies.

I hope & pray that we get this deal done with him, but until its signed I seriously hope the "nothing to worry about" attitude displayed by a few people here isn't supported by the management staff. Opposition clubs will be doing their best to take him and to think our offer is going to be close to the best in terms of dollars and promises is wishful thinking.

Count me as one of the delusional, because that is exactly what is going to happen.

I'm happy for you to throw these posts back at me, but my mail is that he will stay.....period. It doesn't matter what other clubs offer or promise. As long as Manly's offer is reasonable, and it is, he will stay.

Done, dusted, over, stop worrying about it, it's bad for your health.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Masked Eagle said:

Hoppa won't go anywhere.. NOT because he's played all his jr footy here, but because his whole support structure is here (church, family & friends) they are all reason why he's remains grounded, and not caught in the hype. He's too young to just get up and leave as well. Hoppa snr knows what good hands he's in, under Des. What he does after he's 21, is up to him though. Manly to sign him for another 3 years. (here's hoping)

we all hope your right and I'm sure your mail is good.

But times have changed. Up to 3 years ago when the two parties agreed to terms that was as good as an inked contract. Steve Turners back down from the Titans changed the value and legality of the handshake.

Chip and Chase, Hoppa Snr did not take the head of Galloway. It was a jumping tackle that went of the ball up to the head. Simpkins wasn't even going to blow a penalty but Galloway stayed down and the video ref got involved. It was the NRL that rubbed him out. He didn't do himself any favors with his list of misdemeanors, but the club gave him all support. On Hoppa Jnr, He is only 18 and if he has any sense he'll stay to mature under a very good coach. What he does at 21 is another thing. All his supports are with Manly as another poster stated and I think he'll stay.

Off the ball, up to the head ? Are you serious ?

I'm still a hoppa fan, but he cleaned up Galloway big time, it was jumping straight into his head, it was flush. Galloway didn't just stay down for a penalty, he had blood coming from his scone lol

Kiwi Eagle said:
Off the ball, up to the head ? Are you serious ?

I'm still a hoppa fan, but he cleaned up Galloway big time, it was jumping straight into his head, it was flush. Galloway didn't just stay down for a penalty, he had blood coming from his scone lol

Agree with you KE. He cocked the elbow before h went in, the intent to maim was clear and he deserved every one of the 18 weeks he was given.

Ralphie said:
Masked Eagle said:

Count me as one of the delusional, because that is exactly what is going to happen.

I'm happy for you to throw these posts back at me, but my mail is that he will stay.....period. It doesn't matter what other clubs offer or promise. As long as Manly's offer is reasonable, and it is, he will stay.

Done, dusted, over, stop worrying about it, it's bad for your health.

Don't get me wrong. I hope your right and I'm just being overly worried, but I'll be that way til its a done deal. I know Hoppa is tight with his family but I'm just wondering if he thinks what he could do for his family with the extra money. I agree he's got everything here he needs to continue to be successful but that won't stop other clubs from doing everything they can to tempt him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6