News: Eagles legacy lies in shreds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p> RUGBY league's greatest coach Jack Gibson always said winning premierships started in the front office - he was right.

The terrible behaviour and allegations against Manly players Brett Stewart and Anthony Watmough splashed across the front page of today's newspaper comes in the wake of a boardroom brawl and a public spat between two multi-millionaire owners.

And now it's spilt over into the playing ranks at a club regarded as the most disciplined and well-run in the game. This should be a time of celebration for Manly. Their grand final win was incredible, last week they won the World Club Challenge in England and were rated perhaps the greatest team in the club's long and proud history.

But the Sea Eagles are disintegrating. Instead of being the NRL's flagship team, they are the Titanic - and they are headed straight for the iceberg.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/eagles-legacy-lies-in-shreds.html">Read the full article</a>

What A Shambles First we have owners who hate each other,we also have a player pissed and slapping a sponsor, now this sleazy deal with snake.I can't remember a club falling so quickly after a great year.It is only the beginning guys the sponsor eco hot water will withdraw on monday, Max can't pay bills and players like wolfman and orford will be leaving.I see the club being broke and wound up by the end of the year.I hope we all enjoyed last year.I no I sound depressing thats because I'm SHATTERED is there any HOPE 

reyam link said:
we also have a player pissed and slapping a sponsor, now this sleazy deal with snake.
That is unfair reyam. In today's papers it says that the sponsor was ejected from the function and that the incident occured when he re-entered. Following this he was ejected again. I don't know the facts but that is what is written.

I think we are starting to realise the profound off-field influence of Beaver.  I reckon he'd have had any intoxicated players (assuming there were some) in a taxi before much of this happened.

Unfortunately our heir apparent as elder statesman, Kite, has been distracted with the sad passing of his father, so there was a lack of hard heads that tend to de-fuse these situations.

You might be onto something there with the senior players, Bell struck me as a pretty sensible head as well. Let's hope that this all gets cleared up and it gives them a massive wake up call.

It is only the beginning guys the sponsor eco hot water will withdraw on monday, Max can't pay bills and players like wolfman and orford will be leaving.I see the club being broke and wound up by the end of the year

Hell of a first post Mayer, love your work. Do you support Parra or Cronulla ??

Mayer, you're an idiot.  The club is not in shreds.  'What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger'.  Go support another club, as it's obvious you're only a troublemaker with no real heart for the Mighty Sea Eagles.

The club will move on from this. The media just love sticking the boot in when a club is down. Some personal reputations may have forever been tarnished this off season, but the club will get through this and I'm sure will come out of it stronger.

And all of these words just perpetuate the saga!!

Whilst I all for "free speach", the media just feed of all of this.

As Vidmar has alread said "walls have ears!!!"

lets start being positive again.

We have an excellent, balanced roster.

Our coach is top notch and can get players focused and playing 100% like no other.

We have excellent inclusions and younsters in our roster (who knows we might even see T-Rex playing fullback during the ORIGIN period).

The composure, unity and focus of the players is going to be tested, I am going to assume that they will be stronger in each department and make it back to back.

I like your style Zep.

I for one am keen to see how Williams (T-Rex) will go....pity we didn't get to see him in the UK.

Of the new boys (over there) I thought Bailey look good and Shane Rodney had a fair game.

So it will be interesting to see how and where Williams fits in??

Mark and Zep, watching the game on the telle a couple of times, I thought Rodney played better than fair, he was outstanding considering it was his first real hit-out.  He looks bigger than when he ran around with the Panthers, was very strong in defense and pressed through the line a couple of times..  And Bailey looked good.  I'm pleased Tony Williams didn't get a run over there as his strain will have had more time to heal.  He's huge, so those injuries can be serious adn he'll be better for the r & r.  As I've posted in the past, we have such a strong, well balanced and skillful side we'll be very hard to beat.     

All true DSM - I think the conditioning that Des and the Team will provide Williams will mean that he be less injury prone.

For mine the jury is still out on all three, Rodney, Williams and Bailey. It will be interesting to see where we stand after the final week of Origin.

****ing Danny Weedler is a crappy reporter

Gallop was furious at Watmough for baring his backside
and that the Manly GF party was a disgrace

Odd thats the 1st I heard about both those

Zep, Choco, Kite and the Stewart brothers are our only SOO standouts imo.  We should be able to cover them with Robbo as f/back, T Williams wing, with Rodney for G Stewart, Hargreaves for Choco and somebody else covering Kite, maybe push Hall up into the front row.  All good.  We play the Broncos, who'll lose a few, the Dragons who have no depth and have the bye for the second.  This other crap will blow over and we'll march on to the GF and win in another record margin, just to spite.  

Gallop most likely will try to dock manly competition points.

Anyway, DSM that is what i was meaning after origin, the depth in the squad will be tested during origin. The new players will definately be tested during this period. They will probably all shine.

Kite AND Perry should be picked for origin, then Rose, Rodney and King will have to stand up!

Broncos always seem to lift during origin period, because they understand what they have to do. Should be a good match up and i will be there.

Have a nice week at school you hard marker.  I probably should have put the colon after Zep.  My mistake.  Cheers.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6