1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Eagles boss to stay till end of year

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, May 25, 2009.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    <div class="module-content"><p>MANLY Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer will hold the club’s top job until the end of the 2009 season. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3920-eagles-boss-to-stay-till-end-of-year.html">Read the full article</a>

2. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Delmege :“My concern is for the welfare of the Sea Eagles and more importantly the supporters who stood behind the team in difficult times.”

Well if you so concerned stop talking to the media for a start.

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    LoL nice swipe at Demege

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 285
    Well said. Max has been nothing but rust to this team since the end of the 2007 season.

5. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Max is a desperate old fool trying to hold onto his glory days of the late 1920's. Beat it moron.
    Rust is a very accurate descritpion, well said Ryan.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 285
    The Rabbits have their owner, Rusty.
    Manly also have their owner, Rusty.

That should be his new nickname ! If everyone called him that, it would probably stick !

Rusty - LoL

7. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I reckon Hell will break loose through out the Club if Grant Mayer is sacked ? i for one can't understand why Max wants our CEO gone.

Please tell us Max I'm sure we would all like to know what your reasons are to wanting Grant Mayer gone ??

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    If there is an unbearable desire to play this all out in the media, then air ALL the bloody dirty laundry and get it over with once and for all.  This drama drip feed is a slow and painful death and positions us alongside Cronulla.

9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Last week would have been the perfect time to 'air it all' since it would have all been lost under the Sharks crap. Still I don't think that is Delmege's style - he seems to play the old style management games.

10. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Spot on Rex!!!!  We are not so secure that we can allow this to happen, especially when our gate receipts may be hit by our position on the table.

11. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    In one respect it's very tough to read these things said about the bloke that saved our club, he's maybe as significant as Arko.

But Christ Max brings it onto himself doesn't he.

If only he would make it public why he wants Mayor gone. Who knows he could have a legit reason.

12. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Max saved Manly at a difficult time and will always be remembered for that.

However, why save a club to then wreck it? Nothing can diminish his contribution financially but no one individual is bigger than the club either.

13. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Maybe there is truth to what was said extensively in the Bulldog Blog today.  Several posters made comments to the effect that Delmege gets drunk, says something incredibly ill-advised and then has to retreat in following days.

Maybe us fans need to keep a watch on hm and breathalyze him every time we see him within a 10m radius of a microphone or TV camera?

14. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    "My concern is for the welfare of the Sea Eagles and more importantly the supporters who stood behind the team in difficult times.”

Has anyone noticed that Max uses a similar line to this most times he is interviewed. It's a transparent suck up to the supporters and blatantly hypocritical given the topic that he's usually being interviewed about.

15. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    It might be the line that will come back to bite him on the arse

16. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I think he's referring to the self-proclaimed "true supporters".

17. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    All five of them.

(Always bothered me that Deans and co, back in the old days spent most of their time listening to these types rather than having eyes open to more progressive running of the club)

In the end clubs have to appeal beyond the die-hard supporters to a broader spectrum of fans.

18. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    All five of them.

(Always bothered me that Deans and co, back in the old days spent most of their time listening to these types rather than having eyes open to more progressive running of the club)

[/quote]  It appears it hasn't changed either.