News: Eagles boss to stay till end of year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
<div class="module-content"><p>MANLY Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer will hold the club’s top job until the end of the 2009 season. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3920-eagles-boss-to-stay-till-end-of-year.html">Read the full article</a>

Delmege :“My concern is for the welfare of the Sea Eagles and more importantly the supporters who stood behind the team in difficult times.”

Well if you so concerned stop talking to the media for a start.

swoop link said:
Delmege :“My concern is for the welfare of the Sea Eagles and more importantly the supporters who stood behind the team in difficult times.”

Well if you so concerned stop talking to the media for a start.

Well said. Max has been nothing but rust to this team since the end of the 2007 season.

I think Max is a desperate old fool trying to hold onto his glory days of the late 1920's. Beat it moron.
Rust is a very accurate descritpion, well said Ryan.

Fulton link said:
I think Max is a desperate old fool trying to hold onto his glory days of the late 1920's. Beat it moron.
Rust is a very accurate descritpion, well said Ryan.

The Rabbits have their owner, Rusty.
Manly also have their owner, Rusty.

That should be his new nickname ! If everyone called him that, it would probably stick !

Rusty - LoL

I reckon Hell will break loose through out the Club if Grant Mayer is sacked ? i for one can't understand why Max wants our CEO gone.

Please tell us Max I'm sure we would all like to know what your reasons are to wanting Grant Mayer gone ??

If there is an unbearable desire to play this all out in the media, then air ALL the bloody dirty laundry and get it over with once and for all.  This drama drip feed is a slow and painful death and positions us alongside Cronulla.

Last week would have been the perfect time to 'air it all' since it would have all been lost under the Sharks crap. Still I don't think that is Delmege's style - he seems to play the old style management games.

Rex link said:
This drama drip feed is a slow and painful death and positions us alongside Cronulla.
Spot on Rex!!!!  We are not so secure that we can allow this to happen, especially when our gate receipts may be hit by our position on the table.

In one respect it's very tough to read these things said about the bloke that saved our club, he's maybe as significant as Arko.

But Christ Max brings it onto himself doesn't he.

If only he would make it public why he wants Mayor gone. Who knows he could have a legit reason.

Max saved Manly at a difficult time and will always be remembered for that.

However, why save a club to then wreck it? Nothing can diminish his contribution financially but no one individual is bigger than the club either.

Maybe there is truth to what was said extensively in the Bulldog Blog today.  Several posters made comments to the effect that Delmege gets drunk, says something incredibly ill-advised and then has to retreat in following days.

Maybe us fans need to keep a watch on hm and breathalyze him every time we see him within a 10m radius of a microphone or TV camera?

"My concern is for the welfare of the Sea Eagles and more importantly the supporters who stood behind the team in difficult times.”

Has anyone noticed that Max uses a similar line to this most times he is interviewed. It's a transparent suck up to the supporters and blatantly hypocritical given the topic that he's usually being interviewed about.

Bradza link said:
\"My concern is for the welfare of the Sea Eagles and more importantly the supporters who stood behind the team in difficult times.”

Has anyone noticed that Max uses a similar line to this most times he is interviewed. It's a transparent suck up to the supporters and blatantly hypocritical given the topic that he's usually being interviewed about.

It might be the line that will come back to bite him on the arse

Matabele link said:
I think he's referring to the self-proclaimed \"true supporters\".
All five of them.

(Always bothered me that Deans and co, back in the old days spent most of their time listening to these types rather than having eyes open to more progressive running of the club)

In the end clubs have to appeal beyond the die-hard supporters to a broader spectrum of fans.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180524.msg224963#msg224963 date=1243253440]
I think he's referring to the self-proclaimed \"true supporters\".
All five of them.

(Always bothered me that Deans and co, back in the old days spent most of their time listening to these types rather than having eyes open to more progressive running of the club)

[/quote]  It appears it hasn't changed either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6