News: Des - "Manly deserve finals spot"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SEA EAGLES coach Des Hasler has sent an ominous warning to the NRL's high-flyers, declaring not only do Manly deserve to be in the finals but they can ruffle some feathers once they're there.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5121-des-qmanly-deserve-finals-spotq.html">Read the full article</a>

Re: News: Des -

Only if the semis run for 40 minutes and not 80.

Well Des if you think we deserve to be there then win today to confirm it.....simple.

"Hasler is confident utility forward Chris Bailey can fill suspended lock Glenn Stewart's boots..."

Oh Des. I have the utmost faith in you... but... Chris Bailey?
Ok I'm a sceptic.

i think our chances today would quadruple if bailey pulls out :)

lismore_fan link said:
\"Hasler is confident utility forward Chris Bailey can fill suspended lock Glenn Stewart's boots...\"

Ok I'm a sceptic.

Yeah we are screwed.... Bailey should kick himself out of the team.

One of the points in the article is how the team handles adversity and how they drop there heads when things go wrong. Im not saying Des is a bad coach, but bad decisions or not, if he sets a better example after a loss the team may develop the necessary character he is searching for. It starts at the top, i hope its not too late, but its a great start to recognise it

Poor old Bailey. All I ask is that he actually stands out - but in a good way like he used to for Newcastle.

I can't remember ONCE in the past 24 months where Bailey was a standout, and generally speaking, a player generally has one or two better games.

Frankly, he is a better player than what we are seeing guys. I just think he doesn't suit our system and culture.

On the other hand, some players take to it like ducks to water. Example: Shane Rodney. From game one (WCC), he dominated.

Chris Bailey seems to have acquired a "matter of fact" attitude. Not enough passion. Not enough heart. The reason we all complain, is because we all know he can, and do much better.  

Hopefully, he has to play for his spot next season, and he's not just an automatic selection by Des. He's certainly not in my top 17.

(I'm assuming Hodko to Dogs, Perry to UK, Farrar to UK, Cross to NSW Cup team, Whare gets Robbo's spot in 2012)

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. William Hopoate
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Tony Williams

Joe Galuvao's spot is the spot under most pressure from Young, Cunningham, Buhrer, Palau, Mauro etc.

Also, that's a pretty young team, and HEAPS more mobile. If Brett's not there due to his knees or whatever (which I have read is not coming along too nicely - at all), Will Hopoate to fullback, Whare onto the bench.

Now, remember Bellamy had Quinn coming off the bench in their premiership year, so you CAN have a winger / center on the bench as a utility....also noting T-Rex COULD play in any position, apart from maybe 1/2 back (he's even played some 5/8 in his time).

lismore_fan link said:
\"Hasler is confident utility forward Chris Bailey can fill suspended lock Glenn Stewart's boots...\"

Ok I'm a sceptic.

GoatBraces.jpg

Re: News: Des - \

Right about now there should be rockets fuucking going off in the dressing room. :mad: :mad:

Re: News: Des - \

I cannot recall any coach making such a ridiculous statement. Undoubtedly he is the only person that actually believes this.

I knew we were gone as soon as I read this story this morning. The whole, "We deserve to be there/We'll give it a shake when we get there/The refs have robbed us or we'd be there already" attitude told me Des (and therefore his team) already thought we had the game against the Bulldogs won. Obviously, we didn't. And really, this was always going to be a hard game for us: our home form this year has been awful and the Dogs have been playing much better footy than us over the last month or so.
So no, we don't deserve a finals spot. If Souths beat the Dragons, they deserve it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6