News: Des gives nothing away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Secretive Manly coach Des Hasler was so reluctant to give anything away to the media on Tuesday that he would not confirm – or deny – it was his birthday.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4557-des-gives-nothing-away.html">Read the full article</a>

SEA Eagles birthday boy Des Hasler on Tuesday confirmed he is yet to appoint a captain for the 2010 NRL season and his choice of halfbacks is down to three.

There was nothing new at Manly headquarters at the Sydney Academy of Sport with Hasler, now 49, again at his covert best.

The coach was continually prodded about who will take over Matt Orford’s No.7 jumper and who will captain the club in 2010. Hasler did confirm the race for Orford’s jumper was down to Trent Hodkinson, Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.

“It’s a process and we’ll keep working through it,” Hasler said.

“All three halves are a shot. We’ve got some depth there. It’s a real opportunity and they’ve got to step up to the mark.”

What does appear certain is experienced back Jamie Lyon will probably partner either Foran or Hodkinson in the halves.

But Hasler did suggest the untried pairing of Foran and Hodkinson could also pan-out.

“It’s still open,” the coach said.

The captaincy is also an open race, with Lyon the likely man to be handed the job on Thursday, but that’s only to deal with referees on the paddock. Prop Jason King is tipped to gain the off-field duties.

Hasler said he’s still interviewing candidates, with no-one entirely clear on which direction the ex-NSW half will take.

“We’re still working through it, it’s a process,” Hasler said of the captaincy debate.

“We’re slowly getting through the interviews.”

Jason Avedissian Manly Daily

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=182454.msg251927#msg251927 date=1266303722]
Love your work Sorry, keep the bastards guessing.

We're the only bastards that would be interested, getting boring Des.
[/quote]

Do you honestly blame him for taking his time in finding the right person?
Being a great player doesn't automatically make you the right person to be captain, look at Menzies when he was captain his game suffered badly.

I'd prefer to not find out who is captain for a few more weeks than for him to choose the wrong person and ruin the season.

In other news Des refused to confirm or deny that the sky is blue or the pope a catholic. 

Love your work Desmond. 

Apart from the fact this is just Des's nature, it also has the effect of keeping all hopeful parties motivated and keen, knowing they are all in the mix. A pretty good incentive for each of them to leave no stone unturned in their efforts to impress.

The Gronk link said:
In other news Des refused to confirm or deny that the sky is blue or the pope a catholic. 

Love your work Desmond. 

He would also not be drawn into speculation as to the behaviour of bears, whilst in the woods.

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=182454.msg251940#msg251940 date=1266307971]

Love your work Desmond. 

He would also not be drawn into speculation as to the behaviour of bears, whilst in the woods.
[/quote]

Once upon a time that bear whilst considering his behaviour in the woods chanced upon a rabbit.

And the rabbit turned to the bear and said, "bad luck buddy, we're getting back in the NRL but you never will!"

So the bear wiped his butt and tossed the rabbit into a lantana bush.

Adolf did the same thing; kept all those below guessing and gnawing at each other.  However,  hope, with the stuff I've seen so far, that Hodkinson is number 7, Foran number 6 and Lyon in the centres.  I think he should play them there in the next trial and go on from there.  Pity these trials aren't on the telle.  I'm sure they'd be better than the replays of the so called, Super 14 games.     

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6