News: Des critical of Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY coach Des Hasler yesterday took aim at his centre, Steve Matai, after the New Zealand international's late and high hit on Bulldog Michael Ennis.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5126-des-critical-of-matai.html">Read the full article</a>

and he should be too...give him a new contract and he will probably miss the frist 4 games next season...Great.

The tests wont count cause he wont get selected now.2 Trials at best.

Very careless and stupid tackle. And before u all bag me it aint the first time.

I love his passion but he has to control the aggression better

I hope Des was critical of a few others in private.  T-Rex inviting his opposite to run around him.  Good one.  Soft middle defenders.  At least Matai didn't come out of the line and miss.

old catai does it again, never learns, those big hits are a long time ago, soon as he got that juicy contract, boom!! League unlimited supporters reckon he is the most overated centre in the game, he's good but not great,

he missed that tackle when they ran 60 metres, was it barba's, stevie misses some important ones. He's probably glad he ain't playing, gaz would have given him hell at jubilee in front of 20,000 dragons

Darren link said:
he missed that tackle when they ran 60 metres, was it barba's, stevie misses some important ones. He's probably glad he ain't playing, gaz would have given him hell at jubilee in front of 20,000 dragons

And Gasnier will be licking his lips at the thought of Des putting t-rex in the centres as Mattai's replacement.  If he does then it could be a cricket score.

Darren link said:
old catai does it again, never learns, those big hits are a long time ago, soon as he got that juicy contract, boom!! League unlimited supporters reckon he is the most overated centre in the game, he's good but not great,
really classey calling him that
they are f**ken idiots on that site, and your stupping to their level

Geez, he cops a lot of criticism for the way he plays the game, Ennis, but you have to hand it to him regardinging this. No way he took a dive, and he at least hasnt made mattais case any harder.

he gives a lot but at least he can take it

There's a difference between passion (which fortunately Matai holds in spades) and recklessness (which unfortunately Matai also holds in spades).

Matai needs more than a "please explain" grilling and a huge kick up the rear.  Apart from his one second of idiocy cremating the last remnants of Manly's season, his career is heading down the John Hopoate route and the official target on his back is well lit in flashing neon.

Matai is an awesome player who plays hard and tough. That hit was stupid and he should've been sent off (with a shorter suspension if that happened as well), but I'd rather Matai with his faults then a lot of other centres out there.

Matai has long had a target on his head, way before he deserved to, the refs hate him and he gets penalised and charged for things others have got away with.  luke o'donnell is another one, who like Hoppa has been run out of the game.  There are plenty of thug players in the game but they play for teams who obviously have the nrl & refs on their side.  I am not condoning what Matai did, it was really dumb but he does get singled out by the refs and I am sure that scumbag ennis was in his ear about it big time.  It is not a coincidence that ennis is regularly hit, he deserves it as well.  As for diving well ennis gives his diving skills and acting skills a regular workout.

Darren link said:

Haha, surely you must be sick of that old bone by now Darren

Thanx for the chuckle though using League Unlimited though. Seeing they are now the top judges we should be shifting heaven and earth to coax Luke Covell out of retirement to play on the wing. Should also be lowering our opinions of Beaver too, he was a dirty cheap shot merchant who was too soft to run at the forwards, only reason he got so many tries

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4