News: Delmege slams choice of venue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Ahh wake up call everybody if it wasn't for max the last 4 years or so we may be playing under the central coast bears at gosford.Besides i remember many threads about max how we were all thanking him how things have changed.

Yes. We all thank you Max. We are all grateful.

But still..........STFU Max

Pontian - the point here is that there should be one public voice of Manly and it shouldn't be him. No one is denying the good Max has done in the past. However he should refer journalists looking for comment to the paid CEO who is on task and has done a good job this week. His comments nearly caused an escalation of the Watmough allegations. The feud in the board may well have contributed to the uneasy situation at the season opener. Max is just providing fodder for the journalists. Jatz says it better than me of course.

ManlyBacker link said:
<p>“Our events manager could have done a better job in selecting a venue,” Mr Delmege said on 2UE yesterday morning.

Is he referring to Zorba?

willstyles link said:
Well, I don't think that is entirely viable. I mean, if the person who organised it isn't in a senior position, they might not even be earning 100k a year! But they should definitely pay with their job. That would be punishment enough in the current economic climate. No jobs anywhere.

To be fair I would have thought the CEO would have signed off on the location. 

CEO would have signed off for sure. However, he would have also run it by the board, though maybe it was pushed off the agenda due to other arguments about employing the CEO or the Coach! 

Exactly, Mayer has more than enough on his plate at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if he passed the job off to someone else.

Either way, whoever made the call did the wrong thing.

The CEO would not have signed off. In how many companies does the CEO make these calls?

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Ahh wake up call everybody if it wasn't for max the last 4 years or so we may be playing under the central coast bears at gosford.Besides i remember many threads about max how we were all thanking him how things have changed.
its also like if it wasnt for piggins there would be no souths, it doesnt mean piggins is still the right person to lead souths and sadly its the same for max.
his place in manly history will never be forgotten but its also come a time for him to move on.

How patronizing of you Cliffy, you remind me of Gallop.  Let's all blame Max?  He's correct when he points the finger at the 'Events Manager', whoever that is.  The place was not the appropriate venue to begin with.  Having said that, it's easy to be wise in hindsight.  And it's certainly not the time to be culling at the top.  There will plenty be of time for that later on.  I'm glad I'm a member.  The next meeting will be interesting.

DSM5 link said:
How patronizing of you Cliffy, you remind me of Gallop.  Let's all blame Max?   He's correct when he points the finger at the 'Events Manager', whoever that is.  The place was not the appropriate venue to begin with.  Having said that, it's easy to be wise in hindsight.  And it's certainly not the time to be culling at the top.  There will plenty be of time for that later on.  I'm glad I'm a member.  The next meeting will be interesting.
nah mate not blaming max at all
just stating my thoughts on max

to be brutally honest despite the fact i dont think brett is guilty, i am disapointed he put himself in a situtation like this. But then again no one is perfect and no one deserves the **** hes going thru right now.

Dan link said:
The CEO would not have signed off. In how many companies does the CEO make these calls?

In a company the size of the Eagles the CEO would have signed off on such a large event as the season launch.  We are not talking about a company like Macquarie Bank or BHP.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179503.msg211263#msg211263 date=1236771343]

In a company the size of the Eagles the CEO would have signed off on such a large event as the season launch.  We are not talking about a company like Macquarie Bank or BHP.
[/quote]

mate I have worked in small organisations with less than 30 employees and the CEO didn't sign off on any event

Dan link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=179503.msg211340#msg211340 date=1236806883]

[/quote]

mate I have worked in small organisations with less than 30 employees and the CEO didn't sign off on any event
[/quote]

He may not have signed off literally but he would have been well aware of the venue before anything was finalised.  To me that is the same thing. 

Garts link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179503.msg211364#msg211364 date=1236809075]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He may not have signed off literally but he would have been well aware of the venue before anything was finalised.  To me that is the same thing. 
[/quote]

So then I fail to see how he is to blame then!

Dan link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=179503.msg211392#msg211392 date=1236814374]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179503.msg211364#msg211364 date=1236809075]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So then I fail to see how he is to blame then!
[/quote]

I do not blame any individual but he could have canned the idea.  Basically I do not blame the staff member who organised the event as senior staff including the CEO would have been aware of the venue and had ample time to speak up if they had an issue with it. 

Why was the location a bad idea? Location was good and the launch was valued placed considering economic times at $70 a ticket. The club has had issues over the past 3 years with the launches and particularly poorly run in comparison to other clubs. Parramatta and Roosters have put on heaps better launches over the years.

Last years was at the Opera House at around $300 a ticket and from some accounts was not a well attended event for the start of Beavers last year at the club.

The year before was at the Leagues Club Auditorium at $90 a ticket - full room, most officials were friendly and open to conversation which was completely different to previous years where the players turned up spoke to no one and stood at the back of the room and couldn't wait to leave the night time event.

So on these examples the event was a success. The problems were after the event was finished. At most club functions the players generally head somewhere else for their "private" drink. Out of sight of the public. Most occassions, on the one's I've attended, the players have acted professional and well spoken. Yes, on occasions there may have been examples of drinking too much, or taking fun one step further than it needed to go - but I have also seen this at family BBQ's as well. Byso's a shocker!  ;D ;D :eek:

The thing with Choc was that his team mates should have managed him (based on the news articles), as soon as the sponsor said something, his mates should have taken him from the situation to cool down. With Brett, or for that matter anyone of the team members, if he was as drunk as they say, they should have had someone make sure he got home, not just dumped into a taxi.

I wont crucify someone trying to be creative.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7