News: Delmege slams choice of venue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SEA Eagles co-owner Max Delmege has questioned club management over its decision to hold the season launch at the Manly Wharf Hotel. </p><p>The 64-year-old has also said suggestions he had put his credit card on the bar to purchase unlimited drinks for the players were inaccurate. </p><p>The launch ended in disaster with star fullback Brett Stewart under investigation for sexual assault and Anthony Watmough facing allegations of assault against a sponsor. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/delmege-slams-choice-of-venue.html">Read the full article</a>

this is the problem with our part owner
he has too much too say and its all emotion and not much logic.

Have you also noticed in the article on the 'escalation' in the Watmough incident that the sponsor had dropped the complaint until he heard Max on the radio saying that the sponsor was the one who instigated what happened.

Max is a great sponsor and owner maybe, but he should recognise that he is not the spokesperson for the club - that is the job of the CEO and Media Manager. He should stick to what he does best and leave the official comments to those whose job it is.

i agree canteen

but reading the news article u posted about the launch i think the sponsor may have a case to answer.

Isnt it an offence to re enter a licensed premises after being asked to leave.

I think the sponsor was equally a goose. My point is that there should be one mouthpiece from the club on this one.

Mayer has conducted himself with aplomb. I am sure that Max meant well but media 'saviness' is essential in the explosive climate that exists around the media and Manly at the moment. As Vidmar has said they are looking for stories and will use anything that can keep this running.

Canteen Worker link said:
I think the sponsor was equally a goose. My point is that there should be one mouthpiece from the club on this one.

Mayer has conducted himself with aplomb. I am sure that Max meant well but media 'saviness' is essential in the explosive climate that exists around the media and Manly at the moment. As Vidmar has said they are looking for stories and will use anything that can keep this running.

Agree 100% does not matter who (in some ways) as long as there is one person....easier to control etc...

Wasn't it only a year ago when souths were in bother over Crowe and Holmes a Court being to prominent in the media, that we Manly fans were heaping praise on our owners because they stayed in the background? 

Man how time flies :(

Not arguing that Max has a fair question. Lsz is right on what he says about crisis management and one message. However, it will cost the club a lot, both in terms of reputation, potential sponsorship and the loss of their star player for at least five weeks. Brett has lost a whole lot more!!! His squeaky clean image is shattered!

Max must have gone and bought some hindsight after he left the function.

Why didn't he object when the venue was selected?

Surely someone must be held accountable for the venue choice.

Whoever made the decision to go there really show put their neck on the line. Our entire 2009 campaign has almost been derailed before kick-off of round one because of this f*cking event. If I was in a position of power at the Sea Eagles, I would want answers - and fast.

Well, I don't think that is entirely viable. I mean, if the person who organised it isn't in a senior position, they might not even be earning 100k a year! But they should definitely pay with their job. That would be punishment enough in the current economic climate. No jobs anywhere.

tookey link said:
Max must have gone and bought some hindsight after he left the function.

Why didn't he object when the venue was selected?
exactley
Mr Delmege is very good at being full of hot air.

look how his big mouth almost inflamed the watmough situtation.

When will Delmege learn to say "no comment".  There's little chance of Manly getting a fair go in the media so all this does is give jurnos more quotes to base these nonsense articles on

Ahh wake up call everybody if it wasn't for max the last 4 years or so we may be playing under the central coast bears at gosford.Besides i remember many threads about max how we were all thanking him how things have changed.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6