1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Cliffy Lyons backs Foran

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>Rookie five-eighth Kieran Foran has received a solid endorsement from one of the game's greatest pivots after declaring himself the man to help guide the Sea Eagles through the finals.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4176-cliffy-lyons-backs-foran.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    The great mans speaks...let's hope Dessie listens

3. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Maybe Keiran enjoys a ciggie, a beer and a punt like the legend CL.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    if thats what gets him playing like that then make it part of his contract.

Hopefully Des listens, even better if Des gets him in for some tips

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Wow, this guy has almost as much wraps on him as Brett Stewart did at the same age

6. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Is that sarcasm? The only frustrating thing for me was that he didn't get enough ball at five-eighth to show-case his skills. If he doesn't live up to the hype, I know nothing about rugby league. He is very confident so he is halfway there. Brett Stewart was run over by a young Jamie Lyon in his debut. This bloke hasn't made a mistake in three games.

7. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Orford needs to relinquish a bit of control in every game.. sit back and let a few others such as the 5/8 and lock etc play a bit. Like he did with the grand final and i will be happy.

Get the basics right Matt.

This kid barely saw any ball at 5/8.. probably why Des put him at centre as he has an excellent running game.

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Is that sarcasm? The only frustrating thing for me was that he didn't get enough ball at five-eighth to show-case his skills. If he doesn't live up to the hype, I know nothing about rugby league. He is very confident so he is halfway there. Brett Stewart was run over by a young Jamie Lyon in his debut. This bloke hasn't made a mistake in three games.
    [/quote]

Its sarcasm in regards to other comments. CIG split hairs when I said Foran had as many wraps on him as Stewart...was driving a point home

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I lost all confidence is the wraps our lower graders received since watching Sam Murphy, who I heard about for years before his debut. Have been others as well, Aaron Groome for example, and who could forget our "International" signing Mark Lennon

However Brett Stewart got some of that confidence back, and Foran has shown me enough signs to suggest he will live up to his billing

10. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    all hail the great Cliff lyons

11. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    And all at half time if some of the stories are true