News: Choc linked with Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Less than a week after winning the grand final, Melborune Storm have been forced to deny rumours it is ready to make a major play for Manly forward Anthony Watmough.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4326-choc-linked-with-storm.html">Read the full article</a>

Where there is smoke - Choc probably thinks he may need to move on after the pre-season problems. Choc please dont go.

My major concern is that the Storm keep making the Grand Final but are able to buy players - somehow the salary cap doesnt add up in Melbourne.

The Gronk link said:
if he goes to the storm bellamy will need security guards watching out 24/7 for a special visit from me and clon

I bet ballyache is shaking in his boots now.   :D :D :D

It's all about Orford.  Get rid of him, and all the other dominos will fall into place.  Offer Choc the captaincy or give it to Kingy.  If Des is carrying the torch for Orford, he can go as well.

Maybe Watmough can go to Melbourne for a few years, learn how to play the ball properly, learn to shut the fcuk up before big games and then come back.

Of course this would not be from his manager trying to inflate his price......

By the time his contract expires he will have been at the club for 8 1/2 yrs, that puts us in the box seat of 100,000k extra to throw at him at the back end of his contract.

DSM5 link said:
It's all about Orford.  Get rid of him, and all the other dominos will fall into place.  Offer Choc the captaincy or give it to Kingy.  If Des is carrying the torch for Orford, he can go as well.

I just can't believe that we would sign Ox for two more years. I have canvassed my mates and they said that they wouldn't want him at their club for free! And considering that I know a few Sharks fans, well...

Moops I've been leading the charge on this site for two years now.  There's just no advantage to having the guy run around with us any more.  The lemon has been well and truly sucked and other aspiring halves move on.  However he has his admirers on this site and they are hard to budge, so maybe the same sort of deluded idiots run the retention committee.

DSM5 link said:
  Offer Choc the captaincy or give it to Kingy. 

Interesting thoughts DSM, considering you wanted Watmough in reserve grade and King punted from the club not so long ago !!! haha

Not so Kiwi.  The only guy I have consistently wanted punted is your best boy Orford.  Kingy was crap in 07, better in 08 and good in 09 and I wrote so.  Choc the same.  I note that some punters on this site want Mattai to be given the shove.  Not I, although I want him to stand himself down from the NZ side to get himself better for  2010.  Having a stint in reserve grade is far short of getting rid of someone.     

I can't keep up DSM, is Orford my best boy now ? I thought it was Matai ?

On Matai, from what I know of it, the injury won't be helped at all by rest, if a nerve gets hit, a nerve gets hit

Kiwi, there's no rule that one has to have one 'best' boy, you can have two or more.  If he comes back injured I'll blame you Kiwi.  I've not ever heard of an injury not being helped by rest and/or medical attention.  

If he comes back injured I will blame you DSM, for not finding some magical, spiritual answer to his injury in China. From what I was told it is a permanent thing that can't be helped as 1 knock in the right place and it is gone again whether you have had 5 days rest or 5 months rest. There was talk of a Tate style neck brace but heard nothing more of it

You must be due to depart on your travels now, so if I don't catch you again before you go, have a safe, enjoyable trip, and be on the lookout for fresh talent

I remember reading a few weeks ago in the smh watmough stating if the money was good elsewhere he'd consider it.If he's heart isn't in manly it's time to go. 

Maybe Choc doesn't like playing under Orford.  I wouldn't blame him looking elsewhere if that was the case.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4