News: Choc back in State of Origin race

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01.Dugan
02.Uate
03.Gasnier
04.Jennings
05.Hayne
06.Soward
07.Pearce
08.Leroyd-Lahrs
09.Ennis
10.Snowden
11.Bird
12.Scott
13.Gallen

14.Lewis
15.Creagh
16.Mannah
17.Weyman

King was way off the mark in game 1 and i believe unfortunately he will not get another shot (i would love to be proven wrong though). Hayne for Morris, that mistake was unforgivable and hayne has that x factor, especially if he can link with Dugan, young has to be dropped as he did nothing, Lewis to take his spot. Ennis is an 80 minute pest, keep him on for 80 mins.

Wolfpack said:
Yeah I know mate, just wishful thinking on my part, I cringe everytime I see Gaz in the sky blue though.

I agree that Gidley will be in the team, hopefully in the utility role off the bench.
It's unfortunate, I really don't understand what the selectors & coaches see in him? He is a fine club level player but really gets shown up at rep level.

Perhaps the blues need to concede more strips

01.Brett Stewart
02.Uate
03.Gasnier
04.Jennings
05.Hayne
06.Soward
07.Pearce
08.Leroyd-Lahrs
09.Ennis
10.Snowden
11.Watmough
12.Creagh
13.Gallen

14.Lewis
15.Glenn Stewart
16.Mannah
17.King

This would be my team if I was to choose for the Blues. Anyone in NSW ever consider Brett Stewart might be a good choice for fullback in the Blues?

Ryan said:
My squad is quite different (assuming TLL is fit):-

01. Josh Dugan
02. Jared Hayne
03. Jamal Idris
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Josh Morris
06. Jamie Soward
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Kade Snowden
09. Michael Ennis
10. Tariq Sims
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Michael Weyman
17. Beau Scott

I see your main backline criteria is to have a name starting with J! Pity Mullen is injured or you could have had 1-7. :)

If uve left Jennings out of I'd side u obviously didn't watch the first game. If you've got idris over Jennings and gasnier u obviously haven't watched a game all year

If Brett Stewart is fit his selection for NSW should be as automatic as Slater's is for QLD. To overlook the best fullback we have (and possibly have had since the introduction of SOO) is just insane.

firechild said:
If Brett Stewart is fit his selection for NSW should be as automatic as Slater's is for QLD. To overlook the best fullback we have (and possibly have had since the introduction of SOO) is just insane.

Snake is not at 100% yet.

torana355 said:
firechild said:

Snake is not at 100% yet.

At 60% he is still 10 times the fullback that either Hayne or Dugan are. In fact I'd say Hopoate is a better fullback than either of them.

I will say only one thing - Any team with Kurt Gidley in it is already behind before the first kick.

I am sick of him being an automatic selection, I have seen nothing, not a single thing in the last 3 years from the guy that suggests he should be in a blues jersey. He is a great clubman, and a stellar bloke by all reports but often it is the exact opposite that makes you a great SOO player.

Honestly if we are going to pick guys because they are nice, or good clubmen, why not someone like L.Burt, like Hindmarsh or like Glenn Stewart. He can't ride the 'captains selection' train anymore. He is not the best player in any position, and nor is he our best utility option.

He plays at 1,6,7 and at a push 9. The first three of these positions should not need an interchange and don't in any other match of the year and we have better interchange options for 9.

i said it before game I when everbody was tossing up le gaz, that he was a lemon and he got owned by boyd! did f*ck all too
i'll say it again, LE GAZ IS A LEMON!

as a Qld-er i'd prefer you pick him, over someone good like idris

I can't see the reason for Hayne to be canonized. I saw his impotence against the Knights last weekend. Didn't anyone else see him stuff around and basically do nothing except look like a sook? If people want to put a Parra player on the wing, Burt would be a better proposition. Didn't he score some tries? Anyway Brett is the best fullback running around, even if he is fifty percent fit. Hopefully Stuart will again pick Dugan and another loss ensures.

I'm surprised some of you blokes can even type and read.

Brett Stewart is in no way, physically or mentally, ready for State of Origin. Anyone suggesting he would be a better option than Dugan or Hayne at this point in time is kidding themselves.

Have you been watching any games lately Clon? Dugan's defense is suspect (watch the Raiders v Storm game) and, unlike many on this forum, I didn't see him do anything useful last SOO,except to fumble the ball. You read my views on Hayne. Look... Brett, at 60% fitness is the best option for fullback for NSW. He's smart, can defend and attack, and link with his backline and is not a greedy ball-hog like the two mentioned. Hopefully for Manly, Stuart can't see what I can, and will go with Dugan.

I watch most games each weekend, not just Manly games. The only games I probably miss would be the Friday night game (sat up this week obviously) and the Channel 9 Sunday game (unless we are playing).

Dugan was very sound in SOO, with the exception of the dropped ball.

The bottom line is, and i'm sure even Brett would admit it, he is not ready for the rigors of SOO. He went to the wing for half a game 2 weeks ago because he wasnt 100%. Then he missed a week. But you insist he is up for SOO. He's not. When he is 100% i'd consider him, but not now.

I have to agree with Clontaago 100%. Snake is not even close to being ready for SOO, im sure even he would admit that he does not have 100% confidence in his knee and hammy yet. Im sure Snake will be the fullback next year if he stays healthy though.

DSM5 said:
I can't see the reason for Hayne to be canonized. I saw his impotence against the Knights last weekend. Didn't anyone else see him stuff around and basically do nothing except look like a sook? If people want to put a Parra player on the wing, Burt would be a better proposition. Didn't he score some tries? Anyway Brett is the best fullback running around, even if he is fifty percent fit. Hopefully Stuart will again pick Dugan and another loss ensures.

My reason for wanting Hayne is I've felt he's played well in Origin even when I didn't rate him at club level.

Hayne would step up for origin without a doubt, it's a shame Michael Gordon got injured as he was easily NSW's #1 Fullback this year.

I am happy for them to persist with Dugan as he will be a work in progress.

Here is my attempt.

01.Dugan
02.Hayne
03.Idris
04.Jennings
05.Uate
06.Soward
07.Pearce
08.Leroyd-Lahrs
09.Farah
10.Mannah
11.Choc
12.Bird
13.Gallen

14.Lewis
15.Heighington
16.Snowden
17.Weyman

01. Josh Dugan
02. Jared Hayne
03. Jamal Idris
04. Michael Jennings
05. Akila Uate
06. Jamie Soward
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Michael Weyman
09. Michael Ennis
10. Kade Snowden
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke Lewis
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
15. Greg Bird
16. Tim Mannah
17. Beau Scott

B Stewart
M Robertson
S Matai
J Lyon
W Hopoate
K Foran
D Cherry Evans
G Stewart
J Buhrer
J Galovouaouao
J King
M Ballin
B Kite

Res
G Rose
D Lussick
D Williams
M Cross

Watmough has had his card marked by Stuart, And T Rex would have made it but Slept through his alarm.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6