1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Cherry-ripe for picking

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p />FOR the second time in 12 months, the Sea Eagles will usher in a new halfback with a rookie from central Queensland ready to make the No.7 jumper his own.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5244-cherry-ripe-for-picking.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    Oh my lord - Daniel Johns is our new 1/2 back ! If anyone saw the pictures in the Manly Daily, it's just eerie.

3. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    Hopefully he's a "Freak", and when he goes up against the opposition it will be a "Pure Massacre".

And unlike some other players, he may run in "Straight Lines".

4. north coast eagle

north coast eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    If as reported DCE is "Queensland Cup Player of the Year" then someone needs to go around to Ryan Cullen's place and get the trophy back from him!

5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I wonder how long it will be before people stop using the cherry-ripe pun. I am thinking we will have to wait for his retirement.

6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I know its doesn't necessarily mean anything but a I would have liked Des to say he will be our halfback next year rather than being given a shot at it.  He said the same thing a little less than 12 months ago when Ox left about both Hodkinson and DCE and still played it safe to start the season.

I hope he doesn't do it again next year. 

7. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I don't share his confidence in our conditioning staff after last seasons 2nd half fades.

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    You see George Rose lately? I reckon he's put ON about 5-10k/g's.
    He'd have to be 130+ right?

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    You see George Rose lately? I reckon he's put ON about 5-10k/g's.
    He'd have to be 130+ right?
    [/quote]

Yep sure have, up close & in person.  Still carrying the beer gut but his limbs seem to be carrying the right fat/muscle ratio. Not overly worried about him, he looked paunch when he was doing well tbh.

Glenn seems to have packed on lots of muscle, lost what gut he was carrying last year as well.

10. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    While the obvious reason for the second half fade outs is fitness,i blame more than that factor

1 Lack of leadership - We lost our club captain and replaced him with 2 captains,which do i listen to and whilst great players are they leaders?
    2 Lack of a real halfback
    3 Lack of an interchange hooker,Ballin is good,but 50-60minutes only please,L Foran or T Seu Seu to replace Ballin at that time mark
    4 Lack of overall speed - Obvious injuries to our 2 speedsters did not help us
    5 Fullback position was covered by a centre,sorry love him but his catching and speed leave alot to be desired
    6 Chris Bailey,nuff said
    7 Court case and its mental ramifications on the entire squad
    8 Refferees,LOSS to parramatta and a few other games are on theyre head
    9 Lazy fat props with no hunger,our best tackle break should not play on the wing nor turn like the QE2 or look somewhat disinterested
    10 Suspensions,injuries and niggles

Going into this year alot of those problems should be fixed,Refs will always suck alot of dick but thats a given

11. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    alot of correct stuff there Shane, no wonder we went poor this year. However Lyon and King did go well.

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Lyon and King had their best ever seasons

13. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Lyon and King both played great themselves yes

14. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    It will make way for some puns about the cherry being popped. 

15. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I think Daly Cherry Evans should take Graham Lowe's job just so he can be called our DCEO.

16. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Hopefully he's a "Freak", and when he goes up against the opposition it will be a "Pure Massacre".

And unlike some other players, he may run in "Straight Lines".
    [/quote]
    That's really bad...the funny thing is I could use half the lines in "Tomorrow" to talk about him as well...e.g. at least we don't have to say "fat boy, wait till tomorrow".

17. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Jono that fat boy,wait till tomorrow could be his dummy to George Rose