News: Cherry-ripe for picking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />FOR the second time in 12 months, the Sea Eagles will usher in a new halfback with a rookie from central Queensland ready to make the No.7 jumper his own.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5244-cherry-ripe-for-picking.html">Read the full article</a>

Oh my lord - Daniel Johns is our new 1/2 back ! If anyone saw the pictures in the Manly Daily, it's just eerie.

Ryan link said:
Oh my lord - Daniel Johns is our new 1/2 back ! If anyone saw the pictures in the Manly Daily, it's just eerie.

Hopefully he's a "Freak", and when he goes up against the opposition it will be a "Pure Massacre".

And unlike some other players, he may run in "Straight Lines".

If as reported DCE is "Queensland Cup Player of the Year" then someone needs to go around to Ryan Cullen's place and get the trophy back from him!

I wonder how long it will be before people stop using the cherry-ripe pun. I am thinking we will have to wait for his retirement.

I know its doesn't necessarily mean anything but a I would have liked Des to say he will be our halfback next year rather than being given a shot at it.  He said the same thing a little less than 12 months ago when Ox left about both Hodkinson and DCE and still played it safe to start the season.

I hope he doesn't do it again next year. 

I don't share his confidence in our conditioning staff after last seasons 2nd half fades.

Ralphie link said:
I don't share his confidence in our conditioning staff after last seasons 2nd half fades.

You see George Rose lately? I reckon he's put ON about 5-10k/g's.
He'd have to be 130+ right?

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=185941.msg305876#msg305876 date=1289642508]

You see George Rose lately? I reckon he's put ON about 5-10k/g's.
He'd have to be 130+ right?
[/quote]

Yep sure have, up close & in person.  Still carrying the beer gut but his limbs seem to be carrying the right fat/muscle ratio. Not overly worried about him, he looked paunch when he was doing well tbh.

Glenn seems to have packed on lots of muscle, lost what gut he was carrying last year as well.

While the obvious reason for the second half fade outs is fitness,i blame more than that factor

1 Lack of leadership - We lost our club captain and replaced him with 2 captains,which do i listen to and whilst great players are they leaders?
2 Lack of a real halfback
3 Lack of an interchange hooker,Ballin is good,but 50-60minutes only please,L Foran or T Seu Seu to replace Ballin at that time mark
4 Lack of overall speed - Obvious injuries to our 2 speedsters did not help us
5 Fullback position was covered by a centre,sorry love him but his catching and speed leave alot to be desired
6 Chris Bailey,nuff said
7 Court case and its mental ramifications on the entire squad
8 Refferees,LOSS to parramatta and a few other games are on theyre head
9 Lazy fat props with no hunger,our best tackle break should not play on the wing nor turn like the QE2 or look somewhat disinterested
10 Suspensions,injuries and niggles

Going into this year alot of those problems should be fixed,Refs will always suck alot of dick but thats a given

Rusty link said:
I wonder how long it will be before people stop using the cherry-ripe pun. I am thinking we will have to wait for his retirement.

It will make way for some puns about the cherry being popped. 

I think Daly Cherry Evans should take Graham Lowe's job just so he can be called our DCEO.

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185941.msg305802#msg305802 date=1289597106]

Hopefully he's a "Freak", and when he goes up against the opposition it will be a "Pure Massacre".

And unlike some other players, he may run in "Straight Lines".
[/quote]
That's really bad...the funny thing is I could use half the lines in "Tomorrow" to talk about him as well...e.g. at least we don't have to say "fat boy, wait till tomorrow".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7