1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Cherry ripe for picking

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jun 30, 2010.

  1. ManlyBacker

    ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

    11,596
    843
    Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>THE coach who oversaw the rise of Manly halfback Trent Hodkinson from relative unknown to the code’s hottest young property has declared his successor, Daly Cherry-Evans, ready for NRL football right now.</p>


    <a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4911-cherry-ripe-for-picking.html">Read the full article</a>
     
  2. Berkeley_Eagle

    Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

    15,995
    1,849
    Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    great news that he signed on for 3 more years
     
  3. Dan

    Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

    32,370
    3,610
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    The feedback I got from blokes who went down to Gympie to watch the game was that he looked like he wasn't fit but was an outstanding organizer
     
  4. The Eagle

    The Eagle Well-Known Member

    5,841
    480
    Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    we need an organizer,we're so used to it
     
  5. Rex

    Rex Well-Known Member

    4,334
    761
    Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Captain of SCSE.  Reportedly in very good form.  Then man of the match last week for Queensland country against Queensland city including a wonderful individual try.  This week named captain of the Queensland residents side.  Plus his coach says he's NRL ready and assumed control and responsibility in the rep side.

    All music to the ears. Seems he's put himself in the picture to be given a shot in the top grade this year.
     
  6. Dan

    Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

    32,370
    3,610
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I wouldn't read to much into the weekends game, from what I understand one team was less a rep side and more a mates side
     
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If TH's form continues to be crap Des should give DCE a go.
     
  8. Rodo

    Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

    1,061
    197
    Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    I hope DCE has a good and accurate kicking game.
     
  9. SeaEagleRock8

    SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

    12,593
    3,521
    Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Exactly. Long and short kicks.
    Also bombs, grubbers & chips. Field goals.
    . . . I sure hope so!

    I also hope he throws a good pass on both sides. Long & short passes.
    Also hope he can read a defence and also hope he can tackle to NRL standard. And I hope he is a good talker & will be able to guide our team.
    If he can do all that we are laughing, if not he is probably not our man.
     
  10. Rusty

    Rusty Well-Known Member

    1,285
    44
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Ha... if the guy cant manage to do everything a top grade half and the peak of his development can he is not our man...

    Give these young guys a little slack. As with Foran I will be happy if he gets it right 80% of the time to start with in the NRL. As long as he doesnt get it too wrong the other 20%.
     

Share This Page