News: Channel 9 rules Gallop offside

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>IT'S the 192-word snippet that has sparked a feud between National Rugby League boss David Gallop and Nine Network chief executive David Gyngell and could hijack delicate negotiations for rugby league's television rights.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4600-channel-9-rules-gallop-offside.html">Read the full article</a>

That's what happens when you have an incestuous little arrangement like the PBL, News, Foxtel, Telstra and NRL daisy chain is. Sooner we get rid of Gallop and this independant commission comes in, the sooner this sort of rubbish will stop. 9 is probably just pi$$ed because the gangbanger didn't sign with them.

smcomments27.gif

There is no way that Nine will have this affect their future negotiations with the NRL.  If they really still want the game coverage then they will bid and keep bidding for it until they have the top bid.

Really, I hope that Seven does get a slice of the pie back or even Ten and the ABC as well.  It might give Nine a good wake up call to produce a better product.

All this does is confirms my suspicions that League holds the whip hand in any negotiations, but I have zero confidence the sniveling layer will make anythig of it. 

Matabele link said:
All this does is confirms my suspicions that League holds the whip hand in any negotiations, but I have zero confidence the sniveling layer will make anythig of it. 

God, I hope you mean "snivelling lawyer". Otherwise the mental image I just got could come back to haunt me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6