News: Ch 10 tackles Ch 9 for NRL television rights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>
<p><a href="http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/channel-ten-tackles-channel-nine-for-nrl-television-rights/story-e6frfgbo-1225844025953" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"></a></p>
CHANNEL 10 has entered a $1 billion bidding war with rival television networks Nine and Seven to broadcast rugby league from 2013.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4647-tv-rights.html">Read the full article</a>

Regardless of who gets it I hope that part of the agreement is a full seasons fixtures (same as AFL) are announced at the start of theb year.

I guess it's a professional interest I have in this BUT it's the bain of life at present...but don't start me on that!!

Mark it isn't just you, I have yet to meet a footy fan who likes not knowing the game details until 5 weeks before.

Especially now that I am a regional supporter i know how frustrating it is trying to plan a trip to watch the footy

it never fully meets the 5 weeks before anyway. Round 6 was announced last week, less than 5 weeks before and the end of last year some games were less than 4 weeks

so if fox have to pay more it will mean we as public will get slugged more
so the comment from the Nine source that Nine won't -ose the rights means they are going to pay overs

if they pay overs they will want an increased say in what goes on, do we really want Nien with MORE power in the game??

FYI AFL have stopped doing the rounds in advance for round 22 on wards

I do not like but get it

I'd sooner see SBS or some community station get it over channel 9 !

As long as 10 doesn't put in a bid for that knob Andrew Voss they'll be credible..

Gallop has been practising his 'pick up the soap bar in the Long Bay showers' routine in preparation for the negotiations. I expect to be disappointed.

I hope you are wrong MB as it is it is a sh*tfight....try organising what I do with 4 weks notice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6