News: Bulldogs team V Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Bulldogs
1. Luke Patten, 2. Hazem El Masri, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Jamal Idris, 5. Bryson Goodwin, 6. Ben Roberts, 7. Brett Kimmorley, 8. Ben Hannant, 9. Mick Ennis, 10. Michael Hodgson, 11. Gary Warburton, 12. Andrew Ryan, 13. David Stagg
Interchange: 14. Lee Te Maari, 15. Chris Armit, 16. John Kite, 17. Ben Barba

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Other-Teams/bulldogs-team-v-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

Not a bad team, and certainly improved from last season, but I think they will leek points when we put a bit of pressure on. I can't see their backs having the defensive discipline to keep our guys out - we must target their inexperienced Centers.

Ordinary.  No game breakers, just honest toilers.  Things to watch are the speed of the wingers and Kimmorley's kicking and long passing game.  They'll try to get on the outside of our compressed d with Pattern chiming in.  All quite predictable.  Lyon should have some fun with their backline being not very good.    

under normal circumstances. they wouldnt have much chance.. but i think they will beat us with everything thats gone on.

Stewart 4 tries, Manly by plenty.

My prediction, Desmond to base not just this game, but much of the season, on a "Manly against the world" theme and have the lads primed and firing

All things being normal and fair, I'd tip Manly by as many as you'd like (although this Bulldogs team is a huge improvement on last year).

But with what is going on, the players aren't allowed to focus on the game. It's just not good for preparation.

I think the Dogs will be slow starters this year because they've got a lot of new players, in important positions as well. So I'll go with Manly in a tight one. Between 4 and 8 point victor.

They are going to base their game around Gimmemorely's kicking game. They will play for field position with his long kick on the back of a good kick chase plan. Gimmemorely invariably leads the kick chase so he needs to be sat on his ar$e (legally) after he kicks, or at the least given a chequered run. Inside the 20 it'll be all flat passes at the line to Ryan, Stagg and Te Maari, failing that a cross field kick and hope that Cronulla built a season on.

Their backs don't strike fear into anyone. Ennis is a schemer, but our defence is strong enough to not give him too many opportunities, just got to watch him out of dummy half as he likes to back himself.

If our minds are on the game we should win easy.

can see it now 1st time Brett gets tackled by Ennis a fight starts and then an all-in brawl because of a snide little sledge

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6