1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Bulldogs team V Manly

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Bulldogs
    1. Luke Patten, 2. Hazem El Masri, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Jamal Idris, 5. Bryson Goodwin, 6. Ben Roberts, 7. Brett Kimmorley, 8. Ben Hannant, 9. Mick Ennis, 10. Michael Hodgson, 11. Gary Warburton, 12. Andrew Ryan, 13. David Stagg
    Interchange: 14. Lee Te Maari, 15. Chris Armit, 16. John Kite, 17. Ben Barba

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Other-Teams/bulldogs-team-v-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Not a bad team, and certainly improved from last season, but I think they will leek points when we put a bit of pressure on. I can't see their backs having the defensive discipline to keep our guys out - we must target their inexperienced Centers.

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Based on that 13+ for us

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Ordinary.  No game breakers, just honest toilers.  Things to watch are the speed of the wingers and Kimmorley's kicking and long passing game.  They'll try to get on the outside of our compressed d with Pattern chiming in.  All quite predictable.  Lyon should have some fun with their backline being not very good.    

5. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Hopefully we smash them but lots of new players could click in their first couple games - Manly by 10 

6. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    under normal circumstances. they wouldnt have much chance.. but i think they will beat us with everything thats gone on.

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Stewart 4 tries, Manly by plenty.

My prediction, Desmond to base not just this game, but much of the season, on a "Manly against the world" theme and have the lads primed and firing

8. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    All things being normal and fair, I'd tip Manly by as many as you'd like (although this Bulldogs team is a huge improvement on last year).

But with what is going on, the players aren't allowed to focus on the game. It's just not good for preparation.

I think the Dogs will be slow starters this year because they've got a lot of new players, in important positions as well. So I'll go with Manly in a tight one. Between 4 and 8 point victor.

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    They are going to base their game around Gimmemorely's kicking game. They will play for field position with his long kick on the back of a good kick chase plan. Gimmemorely invariably leads the kick chase so he needs to be sat on his ar$e (legally) after he kicks, or at the least given a chequered run. Inside the 20 it'll be all flat passes at the line to Ryan, Stagg and Te Maari, failing that a cross field kick and hope that Cronulla built a season on.

Their backs don't strike fear into anyone. Ennis is a schemer, but our defence is strong enough to not give him too many opportunities, just got to watch him out of dummy half as he likes to back himself.

If our minds are on the game we should win easy.

10. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 63
    Thats just it -Will their minds be on the game ??

11. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    can see it now 1st time Brett gets tackled by Ennis a fight starts and then an all-in brawl because of a snide little sledge