News: Brookvale Oval updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />Warringah Council staff will prepare a report on possible alternative grass species on Brookvale Oval and alternative configurations to allow more sports to be played there.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4296-brookvale-oval-updates.html">Read the full article</a>

She is ****ing kidding right.

I can see the benefit of having the field available for Soccer so that the beaches could attract a few A-league games.

But seriously, different Grass species. She thinks things will be better if the field is used every weekend year round?

Maybe they could put a bike track around it like it had years ago, we could have a Tour de Brookie, put a few halls around the place so the Brookvale Show could be restarted - the new grass could be used to feed the cows & sheep in the show, plus be able to accomodate horse jumping etc.  Get in some bulli soil and we can put a cricket pitch in the middle and attract 20/20 games..........

To me the oval should be used for 'rectangle' codes.  There could be a large 'car park' built under the new stand and be used as a transport hub (park/ride to the city) as well as take parking pressure of surrounding streets in the industrial area.  Add some community facilities like a child care centre with a few commercial ones and it could be a real assest.

I do believe it must be multi use but the main purpose should be to the home to the Sea Eagles

The Wheel link said:
the new grass could be used to feed the cows & sheep in the show, games..........

The cows could lay a few "natural" kicking tees so that we can do away with the plastic ones. 

Maybe if Orford kicked off from a cow turd it might reach the opposition try line? 

Dan link said:
She is F**king kidding right.

I can see the benefit of having the field available for Soccer so that the beaches could attract a few A-league games.

But seriously, different Grass species. She thinks things will be better if the field is used every weekend year round?

I can see why they would want to utilise the oval 12 months of the year and create more of a community feel about the place.

In my experience this is just more delaying bullS**t tactics. Next thing she will come up with an impact study that states they have located a colony of rare northern corroboree frogs. Brookie oval to be turned into marsh land.

The peninsular deserves a premier RL stadium facility.

If say top-level Union and/or soccer games were also played on Brookie then funding lobbying might be more successful. But baseball and athletics?  In front of what 30 people?

Fro link said:
Get Matas turf farm onto it, he'll fix her up :)
  I did offer a few years ago.  I'm pretty sure the playing surface is as good as it gets, they're using a sports rye.  The only "improvement" you'd make would be to put Legend Couch on it which is what the major cricket and football grounds are using these days.  Any players with allergies would prefer to play on couch.

As for the Hill, there'd be no justifying the expense to re-turf the hill.  If you were to do it you'd whack down Sir Walter buffalo, low allergenic, low watering needs and better to sit on.  But it would cost a motza.

Analysis done folks.  Get on with securing a grandstand.

When Orford plays, the sun never shines.  There's this small black cloud just above the little man's head.  Surely you've seen it Jatz?

DSM5 link said:
When Orford plays, the sun never shines.  There's this small black cloud just above the little man's head.  Surely you've seen it Jatz?
dead ****en set do we have to hear these ****en orford jibes all off season its bad enough we have heard em all year

some of u ****ers are worse than a dog with a bone.

Let it go its just a ****en game.

Surely you see it was just a simple joke.

Hang on, i feel like im not talking on your wavelength.

F**k me f***en dead, the f***en joke was never intended to be f****n offensive or to create a f**k*n miserable f****** atmos f*** phere in here.

Sh! t i reckon he would be f*****n sorry to hear your all cut about it. You could be right, he is an absolute f****n ar$hol* for making inappropriate f**k*n jokes at a time like this. C***.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Surely you see it was just a simple joke.

Hang on, i feel like im not talking on your wavelength.

F**k me f***en dead, the f***en joke was never intended to be f****n offensive or to create a f**k*n miserable f****** atmos f*** phere in here.

Sh! t i reckon he would be f*****n sorry to hear your all cut about it. You could be right, he is an absolute f****n ar$hol* for making inappropriate f**k*n jokes at a time like this. C***.

LMAO!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4