News: Brookie will be ready says Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SEA Eagles CEO Graham Lowe has been given assurances Brookvale Oval will be ready for the club’s first 2011 hit-out when they host the Sharks on February 11.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5333-brookie-will-be-ready-says-lowe.html">Read the full article</a>

I wonder if they improved the drainge of the ground at the same time as they put the new sprinkler system in?

Or is this just the half baked improvement that council has completed instead of doing it properly?

Hey Lowey, will it be ready when the official site is updated, and our new major sponsor is announced?

Just asking?

ManlyBacker link said:
Just preparing it for a future life as a duck pond tooks.

I think that I read that it was only going to cost another couple of hundred thousand to completely fix the drainage on the old girl.  Not much out of $10m being spent on her. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=186319.msg313010#msg313010 date=1295863866]

I think that I read that it was only going to cost another couple of hundred thousand to completely fix the drainage on the old girl.  Not much out of $10m being spent on her. 
[/quote]

Didn't you read the bit about the presidents lounge?That will cost more than the drainage!!That's for ALL the major sponsors we have!!

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186319.msg313022#msg313022 date=1295866736]
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=186319.msg313010#msg313010 date=1295863866]

[/quote]

Didn't you read the bit about the presidents lounge?That will cost more than the drainage!!That's for ALL the major sponsors we have!!
[/quote]

I had forgotten about the refurbushment of the presidents lounge. 

While the players wallow in the mud the invited guests will wallow in free alcohol and sandwiches.

I especially like the "finger" food delivered by the Jim Beam girls...not that I'd know what that's actually like.....I can only dreamm of being a President one day!!

Bah I'll stick to the Hill with the Vid crew much more atmosphere over there!!

I'm sure other governments will be falling over themselves to throw more cash at brookie oval now.

Maybe instead of building a new stand we can put a jacuzzi in the president's lounge. 

It is pretty simple really

To attract big sponsors we need top notch corporate facilities to keep them happy so they can entertain their friends and clients.

It's not rocket science

Jonesyv2 link said:
It is pretty simple really

To attract big sponsors we need top notch corporate facilities to keep them happy so they can entertain their friends and clients.

It's not rocket science

And to ensure decent turnstyle numbers at home games, the stands, toilets, food and beverage ect need overhauling before people decide to stop attending matches at run down brookvale anymore.

It's not rocket science :)

Can't see where the whinging is coming from in regard to 'old' Brookvale.  I always get a decent spot on the hill, purchasing stuff doesn't take me hours and the toilets are OK.  Where is all the whinging coming from?  Sure some people might want to sit in comfort, but on the hill is fine by me.   

So DSM5, you think the ground looks appealing to a potential major sponsor?

Look, I love the ground as much a the next manly fan but taking off the rose coloured glasses, we have the equal worst ground in the league.
I also believe the Sea Eagles would have a major sponsor if they played out of a ground like the SFS.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2