1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Brookie will be ready says Lowe

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>SEA Eagles CEO Graham Lowe has been given assurances Brookvale Oval will be ready for the club’s first 2011 hit-out when they host the Sharks on February 11.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5333-brookie-will-be-ready-says-lowe.html">Read the full article</a>

2. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    "refurbish the president's lounge"!What about cut the food and beer lines for the "everyday" supporters?

3. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I'm just glad we have a proactive NRL and Independant commission to help the club out and put some pressure on council...

4. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    I wonder if they improved the drainge of the ground at the same time as they put the new sprinkler system in?

Or is this just the half baked improvement that council has completed instead of doing it properly?

5. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Just preparing it for a future life as a duck pond tooks.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,136 / 289
    Hey Lowey, will it be ready when the official site is updated, and our new major sponsor is announced?

Just asking?

7. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    I think that I read that it was only going to cost another couple of hundred thousand to completely fix the drainage on the old girl.  Not much out of $10m being spent on her. 

8. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I think that I read that it was only going to cost another couple of hundred thousand to completely fix the drainage on the old girl.  Not much out of $10m being spent on her. 
    [/quote]

Didn't you read the bit about the presidents lounge?That will cost more than the drainage!!That's for ALL the major sponsors we have!!

9. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Ahhhh the Presidents lounge. The Jim Beam lasses. The free beverages. The free sandwiches.....

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,136 / 289
    It's always about the cans, ain't it :)

11. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Others say its all about the sandwiches.

12. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    [/quote]

Didn't you read the bit about the presidents lounge?That will cost more than the drainage!!That's for ALL the major sponsors we have!!
    [/quote]

I had forgotten about the refurbushment of the presidents lounge. 

While the players wallow in the mud the invited guests will wallow in free alcohol and sandwiches.

13. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Nothing wrong with a couple of free Ted's and some "finger food"

14. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    I especially like the "finger" food delivered by the Jim Beam girls...not that I'd know what that's actually like.....I can only dreamm of being a President one day!!

Bah I'll stick to the Hill with the Vid crew much more atmosphere over there!!

15. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I'm sure other governments will be falling over themselves to throw more cash at brookie oval now.

Maybe instead of building a new stand we can put a jacuzzi in the president's lounge. 

16. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    It is pretty simple really

To attract big sponsors we need top notch corporate facilities to keep them happy so they can entertain their friends and clients.

It's not rocket science

17. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    And to ensure decent turnstyle numbers at home games, the stands, toilets, food and beverage ect need overhauling before people decide to stop attending matches at run down brookvale anymore.

It's not rocket science :)

18. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    I've got a photo from the Presidents Lounge with the JB gals floating around somewhere......

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Can't see where the whinging is coming from in regard to 'old' Brookvale.  I always get a decent spot on the hill, purchasing stuff doesn't take me hours and the toilets are OK.  Where is all the whinging coming from?  Sure some people might want to sit in comfort, but on the hill is fine by me.   

20. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    So DSM5, you think the ground looks appealing to a potential major sponsor?

Look, I love the ground as much a the next manly fan but taking off the rose coloured glasses, we have the equal worst ground in the league.
    I also believe the Sea Eagles would have a major sponsor if they played out of a ground like the SFS.