News: 'Brookie' to stand alone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
WARRINGAH Council will look to make Brookvale Oval self-funding by pursuing naming rights as well as commercial development towards the southern end of the park.

The move, which needs to be approved by the councillors, follows an extensive consultation period, which saw about 3000 people have their say on the future of the spiritual home of the Sea Eagles and the park surrounding it.

The results of the consultation, released this week, showed the vast majority of those surveyed, (91 per cent), want the Manly Sea Eagles to remain at Brookvale Oval.

Also, while the community wants the oval upgraded, they do not want rates to subsidise the work and therefore want the ground to be self-funding.

Taking on board these results, the report makes 29 recommendations.

One of the key recommendations is to pursue development on the southern end of the site along Pittwater Rd, to help make the oval self-sufficient.

Naming rights is another of the major recommendations. According to council staff there is a cultural attachment to the name Brookvale Oval but, “this is something that may be overcome if “Brookvale” or “Brookie” remains in the name”.

Other recommendations include consideration of a longer lease agreement with the Sea Eagles, pursuing an upgrade of the Jane Try stand and lobbying both tiers of government to secure funding for future works.

Kerry Sibraa, the Manly Sea Eagles co-patron and representative on the Brookvale Park Stakeholder panel, said the club was delighted with the recommendations.

“We realise people want dog shows, concerts and school and local sport on Brookie but it is not going to happen with subsidisation from commercial development.”

If approved on Tuesday night, the council will exhibit plans to reclassify and rezone the southern part of the site for mixed-use development, as well as put out to tender naming rights.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5251-brookie-to-stand-alone.html">Read the full article</a>

690053-footy-field.jpg

Some good news in this, hopefully to funding can be arranged soon

Totally agree Vid. Looks like this off season is, and is going to be very kind to us die-hard supporters.

Those that have bagged lowey can jam it !

1.He retained our rep players.
2.Factory outlet opened in 2010
3.Stabalised boardroom fighting
3.Gig on maori television.
4.The push for improvements of brookvale oval
5. And theres more !

all in all its good news, there is certaintly some big changes occuring at manly and its great to see, this makes me even more excited for 2011 !

Copa Eagle link said:
Those that have bagged lowey can jam it !

1.He retained our rep players.
2.Factory outlet opened in 2010
3.Stabalised boardroom fighting
3.Gig on maori television.
4.The push for improvements of brookvale oval
5. And theres more !

all in all its good news, there is certaintly some big changes occuring at manly and its great to see, this makes me even more excited for 2011 !

Dear lord. Can I have back that 30 seconds of my life I just wasted.

Sorry but you cannot credit Lowe for this one, many others have been tirelessly campaigning for years now especially Kerry S.  Lowe has come in very late in the piece.

MissKate link said:
Sorry but you cannot credit Lowe for this one, many others have been tirelessly campaigning for years now especially Kerry S.  Lowe has come in very late in the piece.

Hehehehe - we know Kate, but let Copa have his fun.....it WAS quite amusing...

Was this from that online survey i filled out?

Good result, have no problems with the place getting renamed to whoever buys into it.  The locals will still call it Brookie, in league circles only the commentators will say 'new name' but they'll of course add on Brookvale Oval.  Win!

PERFECT thats what we wanted..looks like  all that time spent on that warringah council forum paid off ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290123435[/time]

lol copa i didnt see lowe`s post  in the back to brookvale forum anywhere??lol

cmon guys ! lol. i know most of us arent fans of him, he could be doing more, what i was trying to state is that hes done ''some good things'' ! he could be doing more, and manly as a whole could be doing more ! but really it is good news and things are changing..... slowly !

Come on Copa.  You know anything positive must by definition be due to others' efforts and everything negative by definition must be directly and solely attributable to Lowie himself.

If a carpark under Manly Oval is somehow now feasible, what about one under Brookie with under the road access to the other side of Pittwater Road?

Solves on street parking problems in Brookvale, makes commercial use of the southern side of the ground more viable, use as all day parking for city commuters, and makes a night out at the footie a more inviting experience.  Also opens up possibility for future profitable development along the Eastern side of the ground in particular.

Copa Eagle link said:
cmon guys ! lol. i know most of us arent fans of him, he could be doing more, what i was trying to state is that hes done ''some good things'' ! he could be doing more, and manly as a whole could be doing more ! but really it is good news and things are changing..... slowly !

Haha

I am still trying to get my head around how a sponsor that I read on here left solely because of Lowe not being up to and where the club is going is now buying into the club

Luckily Lowe didn't suggest the game is Asia so that is a great idea ;)

Let's face it....since the last game against the Dragons the positives have far outwayed the negitives as far as the club is concerned.

Brett's court case
More stability as far as the owners are concerned
Retained the players we wanted...also got rid of some we didn't
Good news about Brookie
Memberships are cheaper

I've got no doubt we'll have the sponsorship issue sorted before kickoff and I think the plans for the Leagues club and Brookie will is all good news.

Mybludog link said:
Let's face it....since the last game against the Dragons the positives have far outwayed the negitives as far as the club is concerned.

Brett's court case
More stability as far as the owners are concerned
Retained the players we wanted...also got rid of some we didn't
Good news about Brookie
Memberships are cheaper

I've got no doubt we'll have the sponsorship issue sorted before kickoff and I think the plans for the Leagues club and Brookie will is all good news.
Ryan? Baz? Come on people, there has to be some negatives in here somewhere.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=185979.msg306688#msg306688 date=1290126530]

Haha

I am still trying to get my head around how a sponsor that I read on here left solely because of Lowe not being up to and where the club is going is now buying into the club

Luckily Lowe didn't suggest the game is Asia so that is a great idea ;)
[/quote]
Talk about banging on the same drum at every chance.

Like I said the other day, Lowe could have looked into Singapore or China but instead, he spent time and money, pursuing little more then a pipe dream in PNG.

If Lowe would have suggested Asia, I would have genuinely supported the idea because there is a certain amount of reality attached to that proposition and I believe it will work.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4