News: Brett Stewart and girlfriend Jaime Baker split

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THEY were always together presenting a united front during his sexual assault trial but league star Brett Stewart and his partner of two years have called it quits.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5304-brett-stewart-and-girlfriend-jaime-baker-split.html">Read the full article</a>

I agree Moondog. I was actually torn on whether to put this news item up at all (and didn't put it on the home page) but if it is in a main paper then someone will raise it in here. But it would appear to be factual and my only feeling is one of sadness for both of them.

It would have been bloody tough for both them, I would have hated to gone through something like that, the pressure, the lies, the court case.

They are both still young, good luck to both of them they probably need some space

Have a look at this News.com.au headline for the story. Can't help themselves. They had to put "Sex trial NRL player..." on his photo. Dead set the kid was exonerated of all of this. Plus look how big they made Brett's story today and how small the AFL sex and lies story is. http://www.news.com.au/ 

How is this worthy of  front page headline news ???

Ridiciulous telecrap gutter journalism again, It's nothing more than a cheag gossip rag .

interesting to see him 'dashing" from night club to night club. At 400 big ones a year and hardly playing for 2 years let's hope he can put it right "on the field". We need Brett back to his "best" and that ain't pick up lines in Ivy bars etc. Would rather not read about him in clubs after all the publicity.

Darren, honestly I've tried not to have a go at some of your posts recently because I realise you are entitled to an opinion. However I just cant get past the fact that you are an idiot.

Brett Stewart, indeed all sportsmen and women, are entitled to have a life off the field. If that means going out to a few bars then good on him.

Tragic that in the stress of the past two years Brett and Jamie have split. Best wishes to both of them. Some things are much more important than footy and relationships are one of them. I hope both of them are able to move on and pick up the pieces of their personal lives.

clon, all I care about is that our highest paid player in 2011 will actually be on the field. Much talk of him not being ready for next season is bad news for all of us. As documented, he can't train with the players yet is a major concern for our highest paid player! I'm sorry but if he is still that injured by Christmas then he shouldn't be galavanting around Kings Cross nightclubs. How much more likely to get hurt again being knocked over by drunks, fights etc and mixing with the wrong crowds in that part of town. I'm all for players enjoying themselves but with the terrible injuries that he has suffered being out in the Cross isn't a positive thing to read about. 

I also note the wonderful press he has been receiving in helping people out. He is highly regarded down here in Wollongong and is a great role model.

why is that even news ???????? deadset!!!!!!!!!!!!...
just let him  concentrate  on his rehab & getting us up where we belong.. FUKN MEDIA..

This thread has got me thinking.

I've gotta get the missus to come along to the games next year ! Best of both worlds !

I've always had this fantasy about me sitting on the couch with an icy cold beer, nude, watching the footy, and the missus.......ummmmm.....

nevermind.....you guys get the point.

Gawd Ryan you've started drinking already by the sounds of it.

For the sake of the many female silvertails members, how about keeping your footy fetish fantasies to yourself? But good to have your missus coming along to the games and maybe you can stay back at home on the couch nude with cold beer in hand.

Merry Xmas to all!

Darren link said:
he shouldn't be galavanting around Kings Cross nightclubs

Who says he has been doing this Darren?  Ivy is a long way from the Cross.

Even if he was at the Cross, good luck to him. We the fans don't own Brett Stewart.  Let the poor guy try and have some sort of normal life.  I'm sure he won't do anything stupid after what has happened.

And by the way, everything about the "journalism" in the DT article is absolutely disgusting.  They should not be allowed to print newspapers.  How this passes for page 3 news is beyond me.  The page 3 girls had far more journalistic value than this drivel.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2