News: Breaking news - Orford quits Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with MB - Orford could have given us more warning and perhaps we'd still have the likes of JWH etc with us.  I'm not slitting wrists over it either.  We have a good off season now to address our halves and it greatly increases our chances of retaining Foran.

Please, more like the club made him look for an offer which they could match if the club wanted too. Obviously the club couldn't or wouldn't go close to 500k. So he had no choice.
The club is to blame if a better option isn't found.

Fluffy link said:
why is the club to blame for a blopke that wants to be paid overs to stay in australia?

Exactly.  He has obviously been reluctant to sign on for the reported 2 years at $300k.  He wanted a litte more cash and a 3 year deal.  I can not blame him for leaving but Manly did the right thing by not signing him for 3 years at more than $300k. 

I think Des will leave Lyon at 6 as some sort of anchor in the halves with a bit of experience. I can't see him leading a halves pairing though

Will be interesting to see who gets the 14 slot, we have Seu Seu for that role, but I could possibly see times where Foran starts there and comes on and we shuffle him into 6, Lyon into centre while Farrar sits down. That is assuming Hodkinson is the 7

Also on your YART Ryan, I watched a wee bit of young Hoppa last season, he is still a wee way off mate, don't think he is physically ready for NRL yet mate, especially in the centres

King link said:
I don't think we are struggling for depth in the front row:

Kite
Perry
Rose
King
Gulavao
Cross

Plenty of experience their, who else has a better pack of front row forwards?

Thats if Kite and Perry stand up this year mate, which they did not for most of last year. If that form continues, we have Rose and King as our frontliners, and not much after that. 

We won't win the comp next year but I am excited. I got the impression that things had gone stale at Manly. This decision is for 2011/2012 and this is fine by me. I just hope that we give the halves a chance next year, whoever they may be, but I am hoping that they are halves for the future. Lyon is a centre so leave him there. Matai and Farrar do not instill me with much confidence defensively. With a new halves combo, it is time for the forwards to pull their fingers out!

Whoever takes on the halfback role had better have a tough hide, he will get about one and a half games to prove he is a budding champ before the knockers will start. Poor passing, poor kicking, poor decision making, poor defence, too slow, too predictable, hey there is an endless set of criteria on which he can be judged. Best of luck to whoever gets first shot!

I wouldn't mind seeing Hodo get a chance, he looks a solid all round type. Jamie & Foran can alternate at 5/8. It will certainly generate a lot of interest, a 'new era beginning', however I reckon our price will soon blow out by several points and the bookies aren't stoopid.

Doug - I thought Kite finished the year off much stronger than he started it, and our team looked a whole lot better for it when Perry played.

I REALLY like Rodney - if he can have one blasted year injury free, I think we will have a magical player on our hands - Peter Peters likening him to Willow was laughable.

Jason King too, has become such a good player. ONE season is all I ask injury free for the bloke. He may even play rep footy.

Rose is a gun as well.

Thank God for that. The thought of forking out over $300K for another 2 years of the rubbish he dished up this year was too much to bear.

I'm hoping it is Foran in the 7 and Lyon at 5/8 next year.

** dreams of dropouts that go 40m+ **

****en awesome news. When i heard it on the radio i screamed like i do when Manly score a try. Wooo!!!!!!!!!

We can play Lyon at 5/8 and Foran at half. We cant have 2 inexperienced halves... With Whare/Farrar with Matai in the centres..

Or Foran and Hodgo .. if given some games from the start of training.. maybe it could work.. but should be from day 1 of training.. not midway through the year.

This will be a test from now on. Our odds will blow out without a halfback and captain but in the long run will be worth it. Right next year off and making the top 8 will good effort. Gift, Choc and Foran should be signed up from now on with the left cash.

Only problem who do we blame when start losing.

We need to give them 5-10 games.. the new combination.. especially as there will be a new kid running the show.. so give them time.

Transition period but we have enough in our attack without a halfback to win enough games to make the 8.

Christmas has come a month and a half early......

Honestly, he did help deliver us a premiership but I think it's the right move for us and obviously for him.

Bring on 2010

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8