News: Big day planned at Redfern

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />The South Sydney Rabbitohs Head Coach John Lang has named a 26-man squad for his team's first assignment of the 2010 season, along with listing a host of past legends appearing earlier in the day.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4522-big-day-planned-at-redfern.html">Read the full article</a>

Zeb Tawha is a Manly junior.  He went to the rooters, then Melbourne and now souths.  Must be chasign Phil Blake's record for the number of clubs.

Hope they have a few things going on off the field because the footy will be rubish.  Zeb was one of Zorba's next big things, he has out the kiss of death on a few players over the years.

Can someone do a YART out of this lot;

RABBITOHS VS
SEA EAGLES
Team List

Daniel Cray
Michael Oldfield
David Sheehan
Mick Chapman
Scott Blanch
Daly Cherry-Evans
Junior Palau
Liam Higgins
Phil Morwood
Kyle Lodge
Mitch Jowett
Brad Bennett
Gary Riccardi
Lama Tasi
James Cunningham
Jason Annear
Sione Ala
Taylor Matthews
Rowan Klein
Jack Webster
Joseph Hawkins
Shaun Vengoa
Sione Fakahua
Ben Shorter
Mitch Kay
Coach: David Penna

Morewood will be captain.  Does anyone know if we still have Blake Davey with us this year?

I'm looking forward to Wendy Harmer putting a big hit on Tallis in the 'All Star Celebrities' game. She is more likely to line up Denton though.

Ahhh, so that's who you are! DSM5 = David Sheehan. You used to post under your full name. Good luck on Sunday.

I always celebrate the 1970 Grand Final as well. We were never going to win but at least we smashed Sattler (thanks Sleepy)
The trial will be as stated, ie a  trial.

How awesome was that '70s bunny team? John Sattler, Bob McCarthy, Ron Coote, Eric Simms, the Branighans, Gary Stevens, John O'Neill and company. I remember when first getting into RL and following Manly how impressed with McCarthy I was. I once saw him walk over the try line from 10 metres out with six players hanging on to him and plant the ball down as if it wasn't an effort. Basterds...

Haha yes that was the era I first started to follow the game and Manly was always coming up against them, I recall thinking how unfair it was that even their reserve grade seemed to be full of internationals. Funny thing is, I think most of them were home grown. The area is a lot different now of course.

Was a great era and football in those days was really tough. Bucknell broke Sattler's jaw (would get about two seasons for what he did these days) but he got his come-uppance later the next year - and they didn't miss.

Got offered a ticket today from a Souths fan at work who now can't make it, but I also can't get to Sydney this weekend. But I'd love to hear some reports from anyone who does go.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6